Writing an essay in 40 minutes!!! (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
its fucking hard! I know exactly how you feel- I'm just trying to condense my arguments a bit so I can get through my prescribed text in 15-17 minutes.

lol_1

its even worse when its has to be a feature article or speech because you have to waste time being creative!!!
Its ridiculous

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i'll give you guys as easier alternative. when you have a time limit, try and finish a page in 10 minutes, if that doesn't help, what I often do to write fast is write big, no matter how crap your handwriting is, others' handwriting is much worse. just write big and write crap to be able to write fast. it works for me, just thought i might pass it on.

evilferret

HSC
you can write a successful story etc. in the A-range in 600 words if its good, so you can spend more time on the essay. That's what i'm doing.

HSC
That's what I was thinking. Aren't the booklet pages small, as in the margins are quite large?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i ususally write 250 words a page. but i can only do 120-130 per bos page.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
everyone can do it... its all time management... practice writing essay in the time limit... set an alarm and go for it... + you may gain more time depending on how quickly you answer comprehension and creative... you can do it...

lol_1

its quality over quanitity anyway. whats the point of writing 10 pages if its all crap.
It takes me more than 40 mins to write something thats good.

evilferret

HSC
doesn't it depend on your writing? i think that people shouldn't talk in terms of paper, but more in how many words. I can write 1000 words in 3 pages, other people can write 800 in 7.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
miss_gtr said:
I can do an essay in 40 mins. the quality of it is questionable... i usually get 5+ pages. Spend 10 mins per page?? your joking right?..that means you'd get like 3-4 pages for your whole essay.. i try to spend like 3 mins on a page.
the 10mins per page of for those who aren't able to write an essay in 40 mins. I try and finish a page in less than 5 minutes athough my hand is close to breaking off at the end of the exam.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I cant
I take around 50 minutes
I just cut time of the other sections.

scorpio7_dan

HSC
well in the trial i did it.. but only got 10 / 15!! coz we had to make it a speech.. soo shit... well hopefully this time i will be abel to get at least 12 / 15 hahah.. (assumiung its an essay! AHH) :)

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
i take 30-35mins for the creative section
sometimes cut down section 1 time
and usually take 50mins for essay.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im gonna allocate 45-50 mins for essay, then allocate 35 mins for comprehension and then rest of them time to creative writing/fixing up essay or journey question

polomolo

HSC
I can!...well in 45 minutes, but i shortened my chosen text part...ur supposed to have that as a short one, (just incase ppl didnt know).
Writing Big takes more time than writing small, by the time u write the word in big writing u can write 2 words in small writing. i used to write big and i used to get about an hour and 10 minutes, then i started writing small (the exact same essay) and i fit it in 45 minutes.

and use Papermate pens...their the best!

bubu

with essays that i no wat to write

and have enough info i usually hit the 20 page mark in 40mins sometimes 25

my writing becomes huge 4 words per line when im stressed

pisses the teachers off so much when i keep requesting paper

so by the end they give me 2 booklets at a time

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I cant
I take around 50 minutes
I just cut time of the other sections.
thats not always the best alternative, considering that every section is worth the exact same.

its better to do as well as you can for each section rather than thinking that OMG the essay is so important!!11~ and then losing marks for other sections

HSC
I take about 30min on my creative (its only 700 words) thats how I can fit my real big ass AOS response

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Tulipa said:
thats not always the best alternative, considering that every section is worth the exact same.

its better to do as well as you can for each section rather than thinking that OMG the essay is so important!!11~ and then losing marks for other sections
Thanks Tulipa,
yeah ill do it my best but if I don't take all the time on the comprehension then I have more time for creative writing.. similarly if I finish that earlier, then u have heaps long for the essay :)
I do the paper in order, i don't understand why people do the essay first, because in reading time, u should read the comprehension texts-thats why u get 10 mins instead of 5... then do comprehesnsion straight after...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)