writing fasterrr (1 Viewer)

over9k

HSC
how do you do it? :[
i barely manage to write up 1 page in 30 min let alone 3 :(
am i fkd for hsc?

Season

HSC
Well... its not really about how many pages rather how many words you write, but here are some of my tips I guess

- use cursive, you should be already but its amazing how many people don't
- forget about being neat, legiable is all you need
- write smaller if you're running out of time, you'd be amazed how fast you can be
- use an inky pen (rollerball I think they're called) that will blot if you're going too slow- this is also great for making sure your hand doesn't cramp up because you don't have to push the paper as hard to get the letters out

-also practise, I've been keeping diaries for a while so I can write pretty fast, but spend five minutes a night just writing about a topic. Don't bother thinking about what you're writing just write as fast as you can on the paper about any topic of five minutes. Eventually you write faster and you stop getting those stages where you know what you want to say but can't think about how to put it on paper.

cl3nta

HSC
i think you're putting too much effort on writing itself.. chill, get a smooth pen and just let the hand flow.
I pump about a page every 8-10mins that's about 250-300w per page. So in a period of 45mins I'm expected to have near 1000w and to have checked it.
Also practice. Write notes by hand etc. goodluck :)

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Some people really need to learn the concept of 'memorising essays'.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
You need to know your stuff, and practice writing.
There's no point in memorising the essay as you could get a question that doesn't follow the layout of how you've memorised it.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Theres this girl in the grade above me (yr 12) who everyone hates coz shes so fuckng preppy but also because she uses a laptop for class notes AND exams (internal and external) coz she has 'bad handwriting' or sth... you can apply to the board for a laptop i guess? I think the work you do it marked with the knowledge that u used a laptop though.

ordnaiv

Ethereal
HSC
practice makes perfect my friend [almost perfect anyway!] - I have significantly increased my writing speed in the last few months from 1000 to 1400 words in 40-45 mins so there's definitely a chance for improvement. anyways, good luck

*runs off and attempts to write english essays faster* :)

sykoticx

HSC
some people try attaching heavy objects to the ends of their pens and practise writing at home with it...
cause if you can write fast with a heavy pen.. imagine what you can do with a light one.. =)

HSC
Tiffanys said:
Theres this girl in the grade above me (yr 12) who everyone hates coz shes so fuckng preppy but also because she uses a laptop for class notes AND exams (internal and external) coz she has 'bad handwriting' or sth... you can apply to the board for a laptop i guess? I think the work you do it marked with the knowledge that u used a laptop though.
Woah WTF, im here looking for some engrish tips and there you are paying out this girl....coincidence maybe.....or something but shes my girlfriend and yeah yeah its unfair to the rest of us, but she does need a laptop to be legible sometimes.

moral of the story, dont bitch about people on public threads thats what mysapce is for

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Danger said:
what 'smooth' pens do you guys yse?
smoothie by bic
It makes me write so friggin fast coz this tip just glides accross paper, only downside is that i have difficulty finding enough hand strength to write with normal pens.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
202094 said:
Woah WTF, im here looking for some engrish tips and there you are paying out this girl....coincidence maybe.....or something but shes my girlfriend and yeah yeah its unfair to the rest of us, but she does need a laptop to be legible sometimes.

moral of the story, dont bitch about people on public threads thats what mysapce is for
i was suggesting you get a laptop and be hated by your grade too you dong

HSC
Woah woah woah, slow down girl. ive already said this is a house of learning. take your pathetic teen angst off somewhere else. you want to whinge? so sit under a bridge with a razor. You want to learn? keep it impersonal.

And im going to ask, if it were YOU who had a laptop for the HSC would you be crying your eyes out at home? friggen oath no. so quit the whole "wah wah wah im so unlucky im in year 11 at nsg wah wah" and get the hell back in your box

P.S. any gel pens are fine for speed. none of this kilometric 12 for a dollar crap

Chuc

HSC
Real men use blooood.

Failing that, Kilometrico is fine by me.
Also cut your nails before doing any major writing or drawing, I have a tendancy to dig my thumbnail into my index finger, so at the end of a long session, there's a sharp permanent groove in my index. =(

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
202094 said:
Surely myspace is worse as people would actually know who they are..

202094 said:
ive already said this is a house of learning. take your pathetic teen angst off somewhere else. you want to whinge? so sit under a bridge with a razor. You want to learn? keep it impersonal.
Apart from the fact she wasn't really whinging, and whether this girl she mentioned really is your girlfriend or not is debatable. I'm sure there's more than one person out there who has shitty handwriting and has to use a laptop.

Arguments aside, using a "lighter" pen only makes so much difference, the major difference in writing one page and five pages is you knowing you context of the course well enough to write without looking at your notes, and of course having put said knowledge into practice essays.

ordnaiv said:
practice makes perfect my friend [almost perfect anyway!] - I have significantly increased my writing speed in the last few months from 1000 to 1400 words in 40-45 mins so there's definitely a chance for improvement.
^ If he can do it, I'm sure you can too

lil mon

HSC
202094 said:
Woah woah woah, slow down girl. ive already said this is a house of learning. take your pathetic teen angst off somewhere else. you want to whinge? so sit under a bridge with a razor. You want to learn? keep it impersonal.

And im going to ask, if it were YOU who had a laptop for the HSC would you be crying your eyes out at home? friggen oath no. so quit the whole "wah wah wah im so unlucky im in year 11 at nsg wah wah" and get the hell back in your box

P.S. any gel pens are fine for speed. none of this kilometric 12 for a dollar crap
haha. good one. SOMEONE needs to put the year 11's back into their place. And nice work sticking up for ure gf. True gentility. lol.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
wow wow wow taking it out of context there boy, the purpose of the laptop comment was as stated: to suggest a faster way of communicating ideas in exam time.

fabienne

HSC
"Theres this girl in the grade above me (yr 12) who everyone hates coz shes so fuckng preppy but also because she uses a laptop for class notes AND exams (internal and external) coz she has 'bad handwriting' or sth..."

^ that's me. thanks sooo much for the intro tiff =P

just so you all know, my being 'so fucking preppy' is not the reason I got the laptop provisions, so I don't know why she put that up there. anyways, about the laptop. I'm the only one who uses it at my school, but at other schools, like rose bay I hear, a whole heap of people apply to use it. basically, if you really have a problem writing your essays, like if you write really really slowly and if affects how well you do, then definitely ask your school if they'll give you one internally/ apply externally :) hope that helps.

and tiffany, like my bf said, this is not the place for bitching. so I'm just gonna bitch to your face next time I see you at school.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Wow your boyf is the king of farfetchedland. Myspace portrayed him differently. Defdef. It's okay being prep though, just regurgitating the words of many others. Personally, I believe coexistance hasn't bothered me much since...like ever?

HSC
Swoy? is that you? what the hell ultimate small world complex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)