Writing Styles (1 Viewer)

Q2Q

Section 3 requires us to write some sort of long response... its like a memo or a report analysis , user manualor some sort... does ne have notes or know of ne sites where i can look at the proper setup/layout for this kind of stuff?....

Cheers ... greatly appreciated

Sacred_Soul

yeah thats what i need to know too
i have no idea what so eva bout these writing styles
if someone has any info plzz help ;)

desperatley in need...

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Make sure that you read the question carefully. It is important that you know what they are asking in the question b4 u begin. Study up on all the types of ways to prepare a report i.e. Memos business style letters or a database and even how to layout a spreadsheet.

In the past they have asked for specific things such as an outline to a company OH&S policy so stucy up on the areas that you have learnt in class that are theory based modules. It is also a good idea to learn how to explain how to do practical tasks in words in detail because you may be asked to explain how to perform a task to someone in a company.

As i say to my students pretend that the person that you are explaining your answer to is RETARDED so that you need to give every possible detail.

The extended response should be answered in a few pages not a few lines. You only have to do 2 out of the three choices so choose carefully becuase if you do three they will only mark 2 and your last could have been your best answer and it wont be marked.

If you have any more q's just post them and I will try to answer them as most people who are involved in this website are on hols'

Winston

HSC
Yes as Andrew state, don't miss out anything!...

i mean it, do you understand how harsh they mark?

in the trials i was suppose to get 12 but i got 6 for the memo because i left out CC in the memo bit! how harsh can you get?!

chris42

HSC
Thanks, Yeah I know the same thing happened to me trial, I lost alot of marks for similar reason.. I'm still trying to figure out what that reason was.. :p

chris42

HSC
Just out of interest are there people one this service that could check out extended responses so we can figure out what we are doing wrong ?

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
what r u sayign chris? welpz if you have an essay response , some ppzl here may help you and pt out what you doen wrong..

chris42

HSC
Ok kewl, Thats what I needed to know. I'm still a bit of a newbie to all these forums, and I just checking what I'm doing is ok. Thanx

chris42

HSC
Question 22 IT 2001

Question 22 IT 2001

hey this is a response I did to the Question 22 2001 IT paper, if any one could possibly have a look at it and give me some feedback that would be appreciated

Last edited:

Sacred_Soul

does anyone have any examples on how to do these different writing styles....or at least where i can get any from?

Andrew_Blackwel................if we have to write a memo, how long does it have to be??.........mine was around 3 pages in the trial CSSA paper 2003 and i lost heaps of makrs becauyse of that but i covered everything on the answer sheet, even the sample answer, and they only gave me 8 from 15.......wat u rekon??

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
dnt stop - urm .. 3 pages for a memo IS ALOT it usually is less then 1/2 page since its an essay not sure.

oopz my names not andrew
*steps back*

how can u get full marks in just writing half a page.........my last mate wrote like 2 pages and got full marks.........weird shit.......
Andrew_Blackwel, wat u rekon??

chris42

HSC
So has anyone had a chance to view my response I posted, I know 3 people have downloaded it but i haven't heard any feedback from anyone ?

hey Kn1ght_M4r3,

i wrote 3 pages for each of my responses in the trial and finished early.......so i dnt think time is a problem

Winston

HSC
im too lazy to go to the site if u can post the question ill have a look at it

so far this isnt too right

Incremental Backup
Reduces duplicate data storage and therefore cost of buying additional data storage devices and consumables for those backup devices.

incremental backup is just backing up files that have been modifying, this is provided that a full backup has been previously conducted. So thus incremental backup depletes the amount of time required for the backup process

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I have read your response to question 22 and as winston has stated their are a lot of areas that need to be addressed.

Firstly: Draft a user guide...
A user guide should contain a number of things in it that help the user to understand what to do. They are more than one page in length and address all aspects of the question.

Layout: What it has to look like.
I would try to make this as appealing as possible to the marker by creating a title page a contents page and then address the report to a user including an introduction. Place headers and footers in for bonus marks.

Areas of the questions: This is where it gets hard (study). You will have to brush up on your knowledge of all the aspects of the question. As winston said you need to know the definition of incremental backup. It wouldn't help to explain the types of backup procedures and why you have chosen the particular backup procedure.

to be honest your response was a bit lite on the ground but it is importnat to have quality not quantity.

Also i do have the marking guides for the trials so if you need more clarification please ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)