• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writing your number on every page (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
I'm wondering, do u really have to write your student number on every page of your booklet? i find this a waste of precious seconds/minutes.

Do they mark you down for just writing your number on the front of the booklet, and not on the inside?

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
I think you just have to write your student number at the top of each page where a new question starts. They make it quite obvious though... so you'll know when you need to write it, and also your centre number (which the exam supervisors will provide).

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
all pages you use must have your student number on it.

You write it THAT many times...I still remember mine

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You do NOT get marked down if you don't write your number on every page.

I have marked many responses that haven't had the numbers on every page.

The reason for doing it is for your protection. If, for some reason, the booklet falls apart and a page falls out, if your number is on it then they can get it back into the booklet whereas without the number they can't.

A couple of times (in 16 years) I have marked scripts that had a page sticky-taped in but I don't recall ever marking one where it was obvious that a page was missing.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
yeah fuck that.. a teacher went off at me for not writing it on every page of the question booklet.

I mean i'll question her booklet in a minute!

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
You don't need to waste time doing it during the exam. you're allowed to write it on all the pages when the exam is over.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Just write it in case. You never know what may happen. For example, your paper might fall apart, and if you haven't got your number on every page, well then you're screwed.

Cerry

HSC
You should write your number on anything that you've written an answer on. But in the case of a question paper like the one for English, there's no real reason to write your number on every page, since it doesn't really matter much who it belongs to.

ippie

HSC
Caitlin63 said:
You don't need to waste time doing it during the exam. you're allowed to write it on all the pages when the exam is over.

yes, i did that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)