Wrong UAI ? (1 Viewer)

Shezz90

HSC
thommy said:
Why though? I don't see how.
yur subs dont have very high scaling .. if yu did well in them like high band 5-6 .. yu woulda got a much higher uai

Valupatitta

HSC
purely from my observation, i think that if you are doing subjects that scale poorly, u need at least band 5/6 to get 80+.

Shezz90

HSC
Valupatitta said:
purely from my observation, i think that if you are doing subjects that scale poorly, u need at least band 5/6 to get 80+.
yups to get a UAI of 90+ yu need at least 2-3 band 6's

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shezz90 said:
Not so - with the subjects of the OP maybe but not necessarily.

At least one of the students at my school who got a UAI over 90 did so with no Band 6s and all Band 5s. Same with some very high 80s UAIs. Some students had two or three Band 6s but got lower UAIs due to the subjects chosen.

Terlob

HSC
Shezz90 said:
Thats mostly right... thats why so many people are confused about their UAI's.

If everyone who was in school in year 10 went on and completed the HSC, there would be an even spread of UAI's from 0-100. Its totally different with the HSC marks though... the spread might be from 0-100 but the average would be much higher... there would be way more marks around the 70 range than below 50.

Thats why, unless you get very high marks, your UAI will be lower then your average test mark.

Shezz90

HSC
cem said:
Not so - with the subjects of the OP maybe but not necessarily.

At least one of the students at my school who got a UAI over 90 did so with no Band 6s and all Band 5s. Same with some very high 80s UAIs. Some students had two or three Band 6s but got lower UAIs due to the subjects chosen.
yee thats true , but ii did quite low scaling subjects

gen maths - band 6
std eng - band 5
business services - band 5
business studies - band 6
society and culture - band 6
studies of religion 1 - band 5

yet ii recieved a UAI of 93 .. but my band 5's were like high band 5's , my lowest mark was 85 :)

noob!

HSC
they r not bad marks but what you have to understand is that those subjects not only scale poorly but also the majority of candidates score between 70-80, so high 60's to low 70's in those subjects, although only a few marks off a band 5 may mean that those 10 marks separated you from 10000 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)