Wrote TWO texts by mistake in Australian Voice! Any other victims? (1 Viewer)

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
BTW I wonder how will my interview be marked?
I wrote mainly 3 aspects, for one of them I only used the Castle, and for the other 2 I used The Castle AND Kanyini which is about equal content in each aspect. 4 pages in total.
Assume if I could get 19/20 or 20/20 for my essay if they asked for core and one other, what will I get for this actual exam approximately? O.O

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
The parts where you don't address on your prescribed deserve no mark...so just count how many pages are about your prescribed texts, that's the one which is gonna reward you mark

lonelynight99

HSC
The parts where you don't address on your prescribed deserve no mark...so just count how many pages are about your prescribed texts, that's the one which is gonna reward you mark
What about the page when you integrate both?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Well it's hard to get you a band 6 generally if you have:
•Wrong format
•Irrelevant texts

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote mainly 3 aspects, for one of them I only used the Castle, and for the other 2 I used The Castle AND Kanyini which is about equal content in each aspect. 4 pages in total.
Assume if I could get 19/20 or 20/20 for my essay if they asked for core and one other, what will I get for this actual exam approximately? O.O
Hi wayne, i think 70% of people in our class wrote 2 texts. Which is kinda bad luck
Coz they've never seen the past paper before, they dont know how to answer question

traiwit

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi wayne, i think 70% of people in our class wrote 2 texts. Which is kinda bad luck
Coz they've never seen the past paper before, they dont know how to answer question

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you integrate both in the same paragraph? Or just separate?
In the same paragraph, so under the the same sub-concept, share same impact

Well it's hard to get you a band 6 generally if you have:
•Wrong format
•Irrelevant texts
Thanks for telling!
I will be satisfied if I get a mid band 5 mark for that particular section, because I'm pretty confident with others :D

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
Traiwit! haha
I don't think it's that much, because I asked like 9 ppl and only 4 (including me) did it wrongly. (luckily other friends with relatively higher rank NEITHER of them write wrong :D)
Good luck with yours!!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
In the same paragraph, so under the the same sub-concept, share same impact
Look, I can't give you a 100% certain answer since I'm not the one who marks you...
Hmmm but I guess a lot of people wrote a related text (including some talented students) so I don't think they will penalise a lot ONLY IF the contents of prescribed texts are LONG AND GOOD ENOUGH
Ie If the whole content is like 1/2 P 1/2 related then you are at a big disadvantage compared to others who wrote Full Prescribed
If, luckily, 2/3 P and 1/3 R (3/4 P 1/4 R), they may treat it as essay thats not long enough and correspondingly deduce some marks. But hopefully the actual contents about prescribed texts are good enough...Coz only that is the one in the marking criteria that will reward marks

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not freak out too much
Heaps of the people did that...
I can tell you know your stuff well
You'll be fine :)

_zhangstaa

HSC
N/A
according to my teacher who is a hsc marker for several year, if the question do not ask for a related text and you include it in, then none of the related text part will be read, so you could be at a big disadvantage if your essay if 50% prescribed 50% related.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
according to my teacher who is a hsc marker for several year, if the question do not ask for a related text and you include it in, then none of the related text part will be read, so you could be at a big disadvantage if your essay if 50% prescribed 50% related.
Agree

lonelynight99

HSC
Hey guys....I had a question if you write a wrong language form but most of the other part is right..Will you get deducted alot of marks?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys....I had a question if you write a wrong language form but most of the other part is right..Will you get deducted alot of marks?
Language form? As in the format? For example when you are meant to write an interview transcript you write an easy?
Won't deduct too much but some marks
In the marking criteria there will be one dot point about the appropriate 'language form', and the rest is about the contents and stuffs like fluency?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Based on the marking criteria of the trials exam's marking criteria

lonelynight99

HSC
Language form? As in the format? For example when you are meant to write an interview transcript you write an easy?
Won't deduct too much but some marks
In the marking criteria there will be one dot point about the appropriate 'language form', and the rest is about the contents and stuffs like fluency?
Like first person? I use it in writing thr website.

angelatyj

HSC
Like first person? I use it in writing thr website.
aren't you meant to use first&second person in that webpage entry?
it asks you to reflect on what you have learned about study skills and what has been most effective for you.
how could you write it in third person when talking about your own experience????

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
aren't you meant to use first&second person in that webpage entry?
it asks you to reflect on what you have learned about study skills and what has been most effective for you.
how could you write it in third person when talking about your own experience????
I didn't look at the academic English part, was doing another elective
Howd you actually 'write' a web page? Or is more like the blog reflection stuffs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)