Wrting a newspaper article (1 Viewer)

angelgirl

I have to write a newspaper article to assist HSC English students.
Does anyone have any tips on how to write the newspaper article. I need a format on an article.

C

CaR

Here's a few tips:
- So, your target audience are HSC students so you can maybe try maintaining a less formal register. BUt remember, newspaper articles are meant to be factual =D
- note: the main difference betwee a newspaper article and a magazine article, is the language use in terms of metalanguage in mags and newspaper are targeted for a larger range of audiences (well, that's what my teacher has taught me)
- headline: choose a catchy headline that would capture the attention of readers and relates well to the article
- the first paragraph or first sentence of n/paper articles usually sum up the focus of the issue to be discussed
- the first paragraph, the introductory, usually contains the most important, simple elements of who, what, where, when, how, why, blah blah blah
- body: a more detailed and elaboration of the news story
- evidence: provide quotes which usually add support to the article and interest to your audience
- be objective. show all sides of the issue that is to be discussed but at the same time, try not to be biased
-you've also got the other features of n/paper articles such as the subtitle, the author, date, etc.

gluck!

craz

HSC
That sounds very familar to me! I think I might have done a similar one. Just remember what audience you're writing to, the genre and title, subtitle and all that and facts from your prescribed texts (if necessary depending on which section you use it on) or from the text given.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)