WTF do i do bruh (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I got a 91% today for my 3U assessment, I most likely dropped like 3 ranks. Ik prelims don't count towards hsc, but how do I prevent careless errors?
I recently started making heaps, I'm not 100% sure why either, given I thought I fixed that issue a while back when this affected me even worse. I at this point dk what to do. I've been working day and night about 4-6 hrs for 2 weeks everday of just revision and revision via past papers and I didn't get the results that I wanted.
Can someone also explain to me why tf do the exams that I thought I'd get 100% do so badly and then the subjects I think I might've failed to better somehow? (I can think of several just from this yr)

carrotsss

HSC
I’m assuming you’re already doing all the obvious stuff like a mistakes book (if you’re not then you should definitely change that asap) and generally managing stress.

For normal internal assessments it definitely does suck, most teachers make them too easy so you get punished really hard ranks-wise for tiny mistakes, but fortunately in the trials and prelim exams, if you are legitimately better skills-wise and relatively close in ranks, you can easily make up for it since most people won’t get close to 100%

dav53521

HSC
Best way to prevent yourself from making mistakes is to find out the reason why you made the mistake and then focus fixing the reason why as in the end people improve by learning from their mistakes.

While you may of solved one reason there could be another reason why and without finding the problem and addressing it you will continue to make those mistakes so look back on your exam, find the careless mistakes and try to determine why you made them and then solve that issue and ensure that you resolved it.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Best way to prevent yourself from making mistakes is to find out the reason why you made the mistake and then focus fixing the reason why as in the end people improve by learning from their mistakes.

While you may of solved one reason there could be another reason why and without finding the problem and addressing it you will continue to make those mistakes so look back on your exam, find the careless mistakes and try to determine why you made them and then solve that issue and ensure that you resolved it.
From what I’ve discovered, it’s because I skip some working lines in order to make the working neater and more structured. But at the same time, I’m unsure how I’m supposed to remove that mindset of making my working neat and ‘structured’

dav53521

HSC
From what I’ve discovered, it’s because I skip some working lines in order to make the working neater and more structured. But at the same time, I’m unsure how I’m supposed to remove that mindset of making my working neat and ‘structured’
Well making sure your work is neat and readable is quite important as it allows for easier marking. But if you are skipping lines you should implement tactics during revision to set up a habit of not skipping lines as it could be that you think that the line is obvious and that it is not needed to fully understand the working out.

Maybe try to spend a bit more time focusing on answering the question fully during revision questions as you could answer it and then re-read it to see if you can spot any missing lines. You check for any missing lines when you're marking your revision papers and then maybe try to do the question again and try to ensure that you added in the missing lines.

But in the end it's up to you to determine how you should solve this issue as the best strategy is the one you feel that works for you.

HSC
I got a 91% today for my 3U assessment, I most likely dropped like 3 ranks. Ik prelims don't count towards hsc, but how do I prevent careless errors?
I recently started making heaps, I'm not 100% sure why either, given I thought I fixed that issue a while back when this affected me even worse. I at this point dk what to do. I've been working day and night about 4-6 hrs for 2 weeks everday of just revision and revision via past papers and I didn't get the results that I wanted.
Can someone also explain to me why tf do the exams that I thought I'd get 100% do so badly and then the subjects I think I might've failed to better somehow? (I can think of several just from this yr)
You're probably deluding yourself thinking the subjects interest you or interest you enough to the point where you give your life to it

If there wasn't something else your mind was more fixated on you probably wouldn't do that badly

carrotsss

HSC
Just write as many lines as possible, teachers would rather you be a bit messy but show every step instead of skipping steps to be more neat

HSC
You will never lose marks for adding in more working.

Look at where your silly mistakes usually are (algebra? signs? simple arithmetic?)
Then, DONT skip those steps in your head, write out the line with just that change.

It makes a huge difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)