wtf is "ACCT10011 Workshop" and why friday arvo? (1 Viewer)

pete_mate

HSC
this appeared on my timetable, along with like 3 other workshops.

this brings my contact horus to like 15 instead of 11

and it's on friday afternoon till 7:30, what a joke!?

is it optional?

if it isn't, do i just goto that place everyone was queuing up to today to change it?

adambra

HSC
Yeh I'm in those as well. If it isn't compulsory let me know.

Generator

HSC
N/A
latvia said:
btw, I love Conan O'Brien too!

does anyone know what it means by:

[SIZE=-1]Your remaining session time:
105 minutes
[/SIZE]

on myuni?

Also, if you successfully changed your timetable online, do you still need to visit the Student Centre or elsewhere to get it validated/approved ...???

Or does that mean that you automatically get the new one you just changed to and it's the "real" one that is stored in the system?
It means that after 105 minutes, that particular session will end and the system will log you out.

Once you accept a timetable, it is official.

Haks

HSC
the accounting workshops on friday night are fucked up!!!

pete_mate

HSC
latvia said:
and it's held so far away....
does anyone have any idea what the closest (and safest) route from Merewether to Bosch Lecture Theater 2 is?
slowdown, this may still be optional.

i mean, i've never heard of a "workshop" being compulsary, is this like PASS?

chikkin_blob

yeh i dun wanna stay at uni til 7-7.30 at nite!

im sure a lot of people would be walking to redfern or catching bus to central... so the safety shouldnt be a problem.. (hopefully)

adambra

HSC
I'm not worried about safety, it's just a pain in the arse.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i dont remember havin any workshop 4 acct 1001.....maybe its a new thing.....

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shite :S
at least you only have 2 hrs in ECMT lectures.
but Bosch is horrible to get to. Had marketing lectures there last year.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
They started these workshops just last sem for people who struggle in the first assessments (the quiz i think). It was optional for everyone but they strongly recommended that people who were bordering on the average of 50-60 to attend.

It wasn't timetabled though so maybe it's compulsory this sem? I dunno. Last sem's acct1001 unit had lots of stupid late night things like quizzes, mid sems and those workshops all in Bosch...bah.

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
hehe this accounting workshop doesnt seem that important afterall, but I still hate it...argggh, so late >.<. I didn't want evening classes at all, and they put me into this :'(.

Ooo, and does anyone here got their ACCT10011 notes for their first lecture? I went to the Copy Centre today to try to get one, but they didn't have it =/.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
from what i remember, the notes for the first Acct1001 lecture will be posted on blackboard. This was for last sem anyway.

HSC
N/A
I have this "accounting workshop" also. I have a feeling that its going to suck Major Ass.

I went to the Copy Centre today to try to get one, but they didn't have it =/.
Yeah me too.

the notes for the first Acct1001 lecture will be posted on blackboard.
Hey Sarah, mine units arent up on blackboard yet ... am I fucked?

pete_mate

HSC
raspb3rry said:
hehe this accounting workshop doesnt seem that important afterall, but I still hate it...argggh, so late >.<. I didn't want evening classes at all, and they put me into this :'(.

Ooo, and does anyone here got their ACCT10011 notes for their first lecture? I went to the Copy Centre today to try to get one, but they didn't have it =/.

what dyou mean it doesnt seem that important, do they makr the roles?

ive done accounting before and would be very tempted to dodge it

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I get the feeling this workshop will mainly be for international students, since there tends to be a lot of them in first year accounting and the university needs to keep the bankroll going and not have them dropping out after a semester.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The Apprentice: don't worry so much. They'll post it soon I bet. It will definately be posted before the lecture. That is, if it even IS the set of notes that we got last sem. I'm just assuming the unit is running in the same way.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
adambra said:
I'm not worried about safety, it's just a pain in the arse.
Well, maybe you SHOULD worry about that pain in your arse.

... Unless you used the O-week Safe Sex pack that you may have received in your SRC showbag. Then, it's all good. :)

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
Don't worry about the notes. I went to the Copy Centre again today, and the lady said that the accounting lecture notes (printed at the bottom of our timetable) was a misprint. She said these notes don't exist >.>. And then a couple of people left the line from the Copy Centre lol. Would have been useful if they told me that yesterday!

pete_mate

HSC
from bb website

"In addition to the tutorials, workshops will be conducted in selected weeks during the semester. These workshops will play a multi-faceted role in Accounting 1A. We will use workshops to go over answers to Quiz and Mid-Semester Exams. We may also run workshops to replace cancelled tutorials. We will also be using the Workshop times to conduct the quiz, mid-semester exams and practice set test. Workshops may also be used to provide additional help on a difficult topic. Please see blackboard and this UOS outline for further information as to when these workshops are being conducted."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)