Wtf? Mobb Deep On G-unit? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
NEW YORK — While Mobb Deep and M.O.P. are both widely regarded as two of hip-hop's most consistently excellent groups, neither has been burning up the sales charts. But watch out, critics say, because once these guys get the right label

"It'll be serious. We've got a chance to go do some exciting things." — 50 Cent support, they're headed straight to the top.

Both acts, now free agents, may be getting their best shot at breaking big by signing with 50 Cent and G-Unit Records. On Saturday in Brooklyn, where 50 was directing — yes, directing — singer Olivia's new video for "Twist It," he told MTV News that pretty soon O may lose the distinction of being the newest addition to his label.

He said he's "very close" to signing both M.O.P. and Mobb Deep. "I'm ready to expand and do other things," he explained. "Creatively, there are certain artists out there I respect. I've been listening to their music for a long time. I wanna work with them. I want to put be able to put my full effort into it, but I can't work for it unless it's in both of our best interests, and that's with them being signed to G-Unit as a record company. It'll be serious. We've got a chance to go do some exciting things."

Mobb Deep's Havoc agreed.

"We've been talking to 50 for a minute, maybe a month," he said. "Initially we were gonna sign to Interscope. After a while we saw it best [to sign] with 50 because of the style of music [we do]. We sat down with 50 and he let us know what he could do for us. We're satisfied with the move. I don't know how other people are gonna feel about the move. It's probably gonna be a lot of hate in people's blood, but we don't give a f---. We're gonna continue making our music. I feel we have a bigger platform. I can't wait. The adrenaline is pumping. I just wanna get it started."

Earlier this month, Laze E. Laze, who helps to guide the career of M.O.P., confirmed his guys are also in talks with 50 but did not elaborate on how those talks were going.

One of the most appealing elements about the Mobb and the Mash Out Posse is that both duos — especially the Mobb — have been heating up the mixtape circuit with an abundance of records.

"The material I've been hearing from both of those ends lately, it's dead right," 50 said. "It's exactly where it needs to be right now. I know I can put them in a good position where they could become priority."

50 reiterated that neither group is officially signed, but if he does woo them in time, he may bring one or both on tour with him on Anger Management 3 (see "Eminem, 50, Lil Jon, G-Unit, D12 Team Up For Anger Management 3 Tour This Summer").

Every1 prolly knows how shady/aftermath/gunit is my favourite label. But this just sounds wrong! Mobb deep on G - unit records? They have established themselves way 2 much to come 2 gunit, i meen havoc.prodigy are legends now and back in the day. Fuk the sales, i dont think Mobb Deep should go 2 gunit...

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
shady_03 said:
NEW YORK — While Mobb Deep and M.O.P. are both widely regarded as two of hip-hop's most consistently excellent groups, neither has been burning up the sales charts. But watch out, critics say, because once these guys get the right label

"It'll be serious. We've got a chance to go do some exciting things." — 50 Cent support, they're headed straight to the top.

Both acts, now free agents, may be getting their best shot at breaking big by signing with 50 Cent and G-Unit Records. On Saturday in Brooklyn, where 50 was directing — yes, directing — singer Olivia's new video for "Twist It," he told MTV News that pretty soon O may lose the distinction of being the newest addition to his label.

He said he's "very close" to signing both M.O.P. and Mobb Deep. "I'm ready to expand and do other things," he explained. "Creatively, there are certain artists out there I respect. I've been listening to their music for a long time. I wanna work with them. I want to put be able to put my full effort into it, but I can't work for it unless it's in both of our best interests, and that's with them being signed to G-Unit as a record company. It'll be serious. We've got a chance to go do some exciting things."

Mobb Deep's Havoc agreed.

"We've been talking to 50 for a minute, maybe a month," he said. "Initially we were gonna sign to Interscope. After a while we saw it best [to sign] with 50 because of the style of music [we do]. We sat down with 50 and he let us know what he could do for us. We're satisfied with the move. I don't know how other people are gonna feel about the move. It's probably gonna be a lot of hate in people's blood, but we don't give a f---. We're gonna continue making our music. I feel we have a bigger platform. I can't wait. The adrenaline is pumping. I just wanna get it started."

Earlier this month, Laze E. Laze, who helps to guide the career of M.O.P., confirmed his guys are also in talks with 50 but did not elaborate on how those talks were going.

One of the most appealing elements about the Mobb and the Mash Out Posse is that both duos — especially the Mobb — have been heating up the mixtape circuit with an abundance of records.

"The material I've been hearing from both of those ends lately, it's dead right," 50 said. "It's exactly where it needs to be right now. I know I can put them in a good position where they could become priority."

50 reiterated that neither group is officially signed, but if he does woo them in time, he may bring one or both on tour with him on Anger Management 3 (see "Eminem, 50, Lil Jon, G-Unit, D12 Team Up For Anger Management 3 Tour This Summer").

Every1 prolly knows how shady/aftermath/gunit is my favourite label. But this just sounds wrong! Mobb deep on G - unit records? They have established themselves way 2 much to come 2 gunit, i meen havoc.prodigy are legends now and back in the day. Fuk the sales, i dont think Mobb Deep should go 2 gunit...
G-G-G-G UNIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I can only see em go downhill from here...
Pretty sad considerin I have so much respect fo em

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I can only see em go downhill from here...
Pretty sad considerin I have so much respect fo em
Its shitty wen it comes down to sales, but if thats wat they gotta do then thats wat they gotta do i guess.

HSC
yeah i read that this morning

as long as mobb deep don't get caught up in the whole G-Unit thing and start saying G-Unit and as long as they stay as they are it'd be cool

why'd u make a thread though i would think a very very few people on this board would know who they are, and even fewer would care.

i just wish mobb deep would stay consistent...their one of the best hip hop groups ever imo. joining with G-Unit is good for their sales but not really good for their 'street cred' or their more thoro sound....they better not start singing every hook...and havoc better be the producer not dre, not sha money, not eminem.

anyway H.N.I.C 2 is looking ok so far. 'whats the word' is a cool song.

same with M.O.P,,,they can make some fkn classic songs (like 'everyday' and 'ante up') but i dont think g-unit's sound would suit em

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
yeah i read that this morning

as long as mobb deep don't get caught up in the whole G-Unit thing and start saying G-Unit and as long as they stay as they are it'd be cool

why'd u make a thread though i would think a very very few people on this board would know who they are, and even fewer would care.

i just wish mobb deep would stay consistent...their one of the best hip hop groups ever imo. joining with G-Unit is good for their sales but not really good for their 'street cred' or their more thoro sound....they better not start singing every hook...and havoc better be the producer not dre, not sha money, not eminem.

anyway H.N.I.C 2 is looking ok so far. 'whats the word' is a cool song.

same with M.O.P,,,they can make some fkn classic songs (like 'everyday' and 'ante up') but i dont think g-unit's sound would suit em
U wouldn't like 2 see Mobb deep spittin over a dre/storch track?

HSC
i would once or twice

but majority havocs beats just suit mobb deep in everyway

the infamous is one of my top 5 rap and top 10 general albums of all time, sadly they don't seem to be able to recreate that, hell on earth or murda muzik

with dre and storch i rekcon their music will be enjoyable like 'real gangstaz' (lil jon) but not the legendary mobb deep sound

maybe is storch gives mobb beats more like he did back when he was only rolling with the roots.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
i would once or twice

but majority havocs beats just suit mobb deep in everyway

the infamous is one of my top 5 rap and top 10 general albums of all time, sadly they don't seem to be able to recreate that, hell on earth or murda muzik

with dre and storch i rekcon their music will be enjoyable like 'real gangstaz' (lil jon) but not the legendary mobb deep sound
Tru man but classics cant be recreated, thats the thing. U cant cut a whole classic album and go in the studio expecting to record one thats even better.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
The only thing im not sure aobut is that singing with gunit also involves gettin some of their producers to do sum of your shit and 2 have g unit on ur album.

I hate how 50 is all over everyone in gunits album, its fukin annoying. I hope hes not all oer yayo's coz yayo is fukin raw.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
havoc is one of my fav producers, they shouldn't take the main production responsibilities off him.
Yeah but that defies the point of a new label and a "new start". That just signing up a label to say "hey i get omney off a label" without having no involvement with it, ie like to say if stat quo came to shady and was like "nah i dont want eminem/dre on ne songs ive got my own producers and stuff that im gonna use, so i odnt need em" kinda thing

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah the infamous is fire. i don't see it working really, they have such a diff. sound to g-unit (not that i've heard much of g-unit, but yeah)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Espo15 said:
yeah the infamous is fire. i don't see it working really, they have such a diff. sound to g-unit (not that i've heard much of g-unit, but yeah)
Yeah gunit just has 2 let mobb deep do its ting, dont try and change the music. Let them keep it tru 2 themselves

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
Yeah gunit just has 2 let mobb deep do its ting, dont try and change the music. Let them keep it tru 2 themselves
I can only imagine hearin "G-Unit!" at the background.

HSC
nah like i rekcon it'd be allright if dre produced a few songs for em, storch too but havoc mostly....but i think this signifies the death of mobb deeps traditional sound.

though alchamest i think is replacing green lantern....mobb and alchamest are a good time (he aint as good at the beats as havoc but he's good enough) so it might be allright

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Yeah well see.... hopefully 50 wont keep his "everyone on gunit records needs 2 suk my dik" mentality... game was the only 1 that stood up 2 50 and go his ass kiked outta the unit....

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
i don't mind alchemist, he does heaps of beats for dilated peoples doesn't he?

HSC
think so but more DJ babu for DP

mobb deep are the only rappers i know (aside from N.O.R.E) that have done a song with mariah carey and still sounded hard as hell

Adrian.

HSC
I don't like the sound of MOP on G-Unit, I think it'd just be Jay-Z's label (can't remember the name) all over again. G-Unit (and Jay-Z's label) are too commercial for MOP and they just have to recognise that without changing their style they're not going to be stars. I think the reason they didn't release anything on Rough Rider (?) is cause Jay-Z wanted them to tone their styles down a bit and I guess MOP didn't want to.
I don't think Mobb Deep on G-Unit would be good either but I think Mobb Deep feel off a while ago anyway (haven't heard their new album yet though).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)