Wuthering Heights? (1 Viewer)

*Gizmo*

HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone on here was doing w.h as a text?
what are your views on it...did you like it?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
we did wuthering heights last term...i liked the book but i didnt enjoy the module too much

i did the work and wrote the essays cos i had to but i didnt actualy LIKE the critical study modules..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't mind it but it was like any classic - boring in parts, more interesting toward the end.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
very interesting from the mid till the end, lost track of how many catherines there was but overall a passionate love affair...some ghosts and family tensions

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the movie was ok too (even though ralph fiennes is in it, i still like the book better)...but it was funny when juliette binoche, who played the older cathy at the beginning of the movie suddenly came out playing he younger cathy, with the only difference being a blonde wig! lol

Jennibeans

HSC
yep we just finished it. it was a bit dry but it was ok. i got confused with the 2 catherines too

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Jennibeans
yep we just finished it. it was a bit dry but it was ok. i got confused with the 2 catherines too
yeah i have heard that was intentional, that the 2 would be confused

santaslayer

HSC
ahaha......

yea wuthering hieghts was ok.......heaps good at the end,......heapz crap in the beginning.....
these gothic genres r actually pretty interesting.....and scary, if u think about it

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Skillo
Did Wuthering Heights in Extension for Yr11. All I got out of it was the song by Kate Bush...HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
urgh, that song is horrible to listen to...its like the voice of soemone dying or something! *shudders* "heathcliff! its me! cathy i've come home! - insert a raspy squealing voice-

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
sarah: yeah we saw the video, boy was that a lame video. the worst part being the lack of funds to hire another actress to play the younger cathy

julz1245

It is a really good book, I agree. I read it these holidays for wide reading material on my extension english 1 course - we're studying the 19th century for the society and the individual.. or something like that.
The book is excellent, it has a particularly interesting atmosphere and tone in comparison to most 19th century literature. If you compare it to Emma, for example, W.H was much less conventional in the emotions it centers around.
For good notes just go to www.sparknotes.com and run a search, they have tonnes. Or google it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)