Wwoofing?!?! (1 Viewer)

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
I have read alot about the WWOOF organisation...and everything sounds great.
From what i've read you pay a base fee of around fifty bucks for a large booklet of all the wwoof partners all over the world.

Willing Workers On Organic Farms

Basically WWOOF gives the traveller oppurtunities to live and work in local cultures all over the world. You ring up one of the lodgings on the list a few days before you arrive to make it known you're coming, and bob's your uncle. You're provided with free food and board in exchange for working on the land..helping the people on the farm with anything from planting trees, to building garden walls and feeding chickens.

The whole thing excites me the more i read about it....hopefully i'll be participating in the program next year during my gap year.

Just wondering if anyone has WWOOF'ed before? What was it like?

All in all i guess it's just another cheap way to see the world...but WWOOFING sounds just that little bit more intriguing and idiosyncratic (in terms of the places you can travel- mainly rural areas of the various countries listed)

have i inspired you?!! :) :) :)

Last edited:

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
haha i bet everyone's just like 'what's wwoofing' and then they move on.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
haha yep too right :D

sounds interesting sort of like living with the amish ppl?

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
hmm kinda i guess...but just a good cheap way of getting round for backpackers

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think my aunty and uncle do this sort of thing...i think i remember her saying something about wwoof. they had some dutch/german girls staying with them for ages

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)