X-mas casual at Target (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
will do. lol. and tell me if he calls you, and if he hasn't called me, I can demand shifts too. Lol.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Hey am I on a short leash for not going to work when I was supposed to? Well, it's stupid to ask this but I have my reason.

I have mistakenly thought I would be called upon when there are shifts for me since that's how they have been previously. I'm a relatively new target employee and so I briefly told some receptionist on the phone why I didn't go to work because I didn't know I was supposed to check for my own shifts on a notice board.

I think she got the message across to the guy in charge of my shifts. But after working for another week, there aren't any shifts for me. So I called them up and was told by the receptionist that it's because I didn't work the week before. And there won't be any shifts until next week. By then, it will be two weeks since I've worked. Somehow, I believe they think I was lying about not knowing to check for my own timetable.

So do you think they are trying to send me a subliminal message. I mean the guy in charge acted friendly just like any other time with no awkardness. Maybe even a little more friendly.

If so, should I just go up and arrange for a brief in person talk explaining and make a mutual agreement for this misunderstood situation?

lazy daisy

HSC
hey kate is me... some lady at target called me today for my availability hours for next week.. so i guess i'll b starting next week; mwuahahahah`!!!! i hope they called u as well

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
politik said:
They're not sending a subliminal message. Wages are costed in advance, and unfortunately in retail, when a business overspends on wages in a 7-day period, it cuts like crazy the following week. It happens at Bondi all the time.
but they don't pay me for not showing up to work or do they?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
lazy daisy said:
hey kate is me... some lady at target called me today for my availability hours for next week.. so i guess i'll b starting next week; mwuahahahah`!!!! i hope they called u as well
Yay, yeah they called me too. I'm starting work tomorrow from 9 till 6. DOes anyone know what I should wear with the black pants because I dont have a target shirt yet. The lady said to wear black or white top, but can I wear one without a collar?

lazy daisy

HSC
oh really... im working tues 9-6. i think ur supposed to wear one with a collar, i'm not sure.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
i'm working on Tuesday 9-6 as well. Lol. Damn, where am I gonna get a shirt with a collar? I'll probably look in my mum's closet. So I can wear black or white?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
They'd prefer you to wear white, but since the lady said black I guess it would be ok if you can't find a white one first?

Haha, sucked in getting 9 hour shifts for your first day. I love them now, but I did an 8 hour on my first day, and nearly died.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
so what happens on the first day? I know I'm supposed to report to the manager, but she didn't really tell me where to do that. I figured I'd ask someone at the customer service desk.

*Minka*

HSC
Quick question:

What days are we getting double and a half pay or is it SCRAPPED now?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I have no idea. but I'm not on a roster yet. I just ask my manager if she needs me to come back the next day. Is that normal? Are they gonna put me on the roster soon or what? Because I cant keep working like this. It's really hard because I dont know if I'm working the next day and I cant plan anything.

*Minka*

HSC
I am so fucking pissed - Sundays were 2.5 time and this year they are only 1.5 time. Go to HELL Target!

Divzorz

HSC
Haha :p
kate_is_me, i started working at woolworths last week and i wasnt on the roster but my manager told me what days i would be working, this week i am on the roster however. I dont know if its the same with target but remember these are the busiest times of the year for retail so you have to cut them some slack.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
I'm not on the roster for January either! Bloooody target. I can't plan anything anymore. My manager just tells me if she wants me to come in the next day after I finish my shift. *sigh*

*Minka*

HSC
We don't even get our rosters in advance. I just told them not to put me on between the 20th and 27th because I'd be in Croatia and then that I am not doing a couple of days after New Years.

We are lucky to get them by friday afternoon for the next week.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Yeah but I mean, the Target I'm at does have a roster and its planned the month before. They have the roster for the whole month up on the board, I'm just not on it, which is really inconvenient for me. It sucks :(

*Minka*

HSC
The roster on our wall is only for the Full/Part time staff, not the casual. So maybe that is what it is?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Nope, because some of the christmas casuals are on that roster, and some are just told when to come in, like me *sigh*. Oh well. At least I only have to put up with this till the end of January. Then x-mas casual time is over and I can find another job, yay :)

*Minka*

HSC
kate_is_me said:
Nope, because some of the christmas casuals are on that roster, and some are just told when to come in, like me *sigh*. Oh well. At least I only have to put up with this till the end of January. Then x-mas casual time is over and I can find another job, yay :)
Ok that doesn't make sense then! Stupid me for trying to make sense of anything Target does. Besides, hopefully I will be working in my Dad's office soon and won't have to worry about it anyways. YAY for being free of Target!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)