year 10 elective music assessment (1 Viewer)

fakedsanity

HSC
choose a piece and present the piece using the 6 concepts of music in class

ok, ive chosen alexisonfire - this could be anywhere in the world

but im not sure wat i haf to talk about

heres link: YouTube - Alexisonfire - "This Could Be Anywhere in the World" Vagrant Records

can sum1 tell me sum highlights (important sections) of the song? and the techniques used??? or other fings like wat structure??

i am not gud at the music theory cuz i only played piano for leisure >< didnt no music wuld be diz hard laa

studentcheese

HSC
Don't know, but I did Mozart. I talked about stuf like instruments and stuff. I basically bullshitted and got 80%. Yes, I dislike music.

Cerry

HSC
The easiest way to do the assignment is go listen to the song 6 (or more) times, and focus on a different concept each time.
Start with structure (and I'd guess that the structure is probably intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle 8, chorus; maybe with a pre-chorus or two. But don't take my word for it, because I haven't actually listened to the song), because you can then base the rest of your analysis around the structure of the song (eg. in the first verse...in the second chorus...).
Once you've worked out what the structure is, focus on a different concept. Listen the song as many times as you need to get sufficient information, and basically just right down anything that you hear that relates to the concept. When you've done that for every concept, go through, pick out one or two of the important points for each concept, and present those to your class.

fakedsanity

HSC
ty for ur help but can sum1 actualy listen to the song and tell me wat dey hear so far i only figured out theres electric gutar, bass guitar, drums and vocals. also i think it is homophonic texture?

dats like 2 things only,,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)