• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 10 School Certificate Leaver (1 Viewer)

someguy4

HSC
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here.

I left school after completing my Year 10 School Cerificate at the end of 2007 because I had a lot of personal issues at the time. I was originally going to do an apprenticeship as a Painter(House Painting.etc.) but after doing it for a bit it wasn't the road I wanted to take. I've been doing a few other jobs(Postman.etc.) but they wern't the kind of things I wanted to do either. I did a three week Certificate III in Transport & Distribution (Warehousing and Storage) course with another company.[FONT=&quot][/FONT] And I'm currently with an agency doing warehousing work to try and get enough work experience for a full time job in warehousing. Though, its not what I really want to do either.

Anyway, I thought of doing the HSC equivalent at Tafe because I just don't know what I want to do with my life. I rang up Tafe and enquired about the HSC equivalent course. She told me what did I want to aim for and I told her I didn't know. I told her about my Warehousing Course that I did and that it was only three weeks and where I did it. She told me that that course is equivalent to the HSC. I was thinking like "What!". I don't understand what she mean't by that. Does that mean I can get into a course that requires HSC or equivalent of is it only related to the industry I did the course in. She didn't refer me to any courses. I wanted to know what the HSC equivalent course was. It was my original enquiry to her.

I actually desire to own my own business, like a little shop or something similiar. Would I need a HSC or eqivalent to get into a course that can help me?

I'm really confused!

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
The HSC at TAFE is a Cert III course, so that's what she probably meant by being 'equivalent' to the warehousing certificate, though of course the coursework would be totally different.

Depending on what campus you attend, you can do a Cert III in HSC Studies or a Certificate IV in Teritary Prep (which I did).

Lower certificate levels such as a Cert. I in Business wouldn't have entry requirements, but the higher ones tend to require work experience in the field. Diplomas generally require a Cert IV in the particular field or a HSC equivalent.

Check out the list of business courses here: https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/se...rt=101&Command=GetAlphabeticalResult&VALPHA=B

It's also a really good idea if you swing past your local campus and make an appointment with the careers counsellor or head of department to talk about your options. I did this before I started at TAFE and it was a big help. Good luck!

someguy4

HSC
The HSC at TAFE is a Cert III course, so that's what she probably meant by being 'equivalent' to the warehousing certificate, though of course the coursework would be totally different.

Depending on what campus you attend, you can do a Cert III in HSC Studies or a Certificate IV in Teritary Prep (which I did).

Lower certificate levels such as a Cert. I in Business wouldn't have entry requirements, but the higher ones tend to require work experience in the field. Diplomas generally require a Cert IV in the particular field or a HSC equivalent.

Check out the list of business courses here: https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/se...rt=101&Command=GetAlphabeticalResult&VALPHA=B

It's also a really good idea if you swing past your local campus and make an appointment with the careers counsellor or head of department to talk about your options. I did this before I started at TAFE and it was a big help. Good luck!
Thank you so much. You have cleared the air for me, especially about the whole HSC equivalent thing. I'm no longer confused. Its a relief to know the Cert I course dosn't have any entry requirements. I'll definently see a careers counsellor. You've been a big help.

Last edited:

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity... who did you do the warehousing one through?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)