Year 10 to 11 (1 Viewer)

Duci_

HSC
Lol why not?

It's a pretty good school, albeit not as good as Baulko.

Like realistically, I don't think you can get into a top 10 school. Perhaps go for Penrith (worse than Girraween).
Umm i dunno peer pressur ? no offense on anyone though ! D:
haha ~ Penrith is too far, like an hour drive away , > < are there any other options ??

Just a curious question for the OP, why do you want to change schools?
Because , going selective will lift my grades and get me into uni .. something like that O-O ahaha ~
Besides, it's my last year to try ><

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
going to a selective school does not automatically mean you'll get better grades lol

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Umm i dunno peer pressur ? no offense on anyone though ! D:
haha ~ Penrith is too far, like an hour drive away , > < are there any other options ??

Because , going selective will lift my grades and get me into uni .. something like that O-O ahaha ~
nope. you should just realise that coming 1st at your school is like 10th in a selective, so it's much harder to secure top ranks.

and what peer pressure about girraween? it's probably the most laid back selective school in the state (credit to our shit results), but i can help you out with anything regarding girraween if you want.

enoilgam

HSC
Going to a selective school wont lift your grades. The biggest determinant of a students ATAR is the student. A high ranking school has a marginal impact, but its far outweighed by the impact which YOU have on your ATAR.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
It does help though won't it :O ?
i'll add to what enoilgam said

whilst being surrounded with supposedly more capable students will create a more motivating environment and might possibly motivate you to work harder, ultimately it's up to you

high atars are easily attainable at any school if the student is good enough

theind1996

HSC
N/A
nope. you should just realise that coming 1st at your school is like 10th in a selective, so it's much harder to secure top ranks.

and what peer pressure about girraween? it's probably the most laid back selective school in the state (credit to our shit results), but i can help you out with anything regarding girraween if you want.

HSC
Going to a selective school wont lift your grades. The biggest determinant of a students ATAR is the student. A high ranking school has a marginal impact, but its far outweighed by the impact which YOU have on your ATAR.
+1

Your HSC performance and ATAR will not be magically improved by going to a better school. It all depends on you.

Plenty of people who have gone to lower ranked non-selective schools have got amazing and outstanding results, and vice versa.

Last edited:

Duci_

HSC
whilst being surrounded with supposedly more capable students will create a more motivating environment and might possibly motivate you to work harder, ultimately it's up to you
i like the sound of that :O !
OP just apply for as many selective schools in your area as you can and hope for the best! Good luck
thank you very much , i think i might just try my luck xDD

It will make a very marginal difference.
D: // so i shouldn't change ? :S

It seems fun at baulko ;D .
um well my school is so so strict ! & some of my teachers don't even know my name = = /

alot of people from my church goes to girra ! i heard its super stressful D: ?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
have you also considered the overall impact of moving schools such as friendship groups etc

Duci_

HSC
have you also considered the overall impact of moving schools such as friendship groups etc
i'm fine with that no worries ~
but ill get inspired *_*
My school atm is really expensive, i feel like there's pressure on my mum and stuff T^T

ikr :cry:
brah lets both apply to baulko
i have a term left of school, it's never too late
/sarcasm
tis too late :cry:
awsh what school you at !?

HSC
By all means, apply to as many selective schools as you want, it can't hurt to try. Just remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get in, and you still have a very solid chance of getting the results/uni you prefer if you work hard enough, regardless of what school you go to :)

enoilgam

HSC
We arent saying you shouldnt change, but to consider your reasons for changing. If you want to change because you think a more competitive environment will suit you then you should. Some people change from schools where academics is a low priority and behaviour is poor. Like there is one school in my area where teachers sometimes dont bother to teach because the behavour is so bad. In this case its a good idea to change.

If you want change because you think you will automatically get a better ATAR by being at a selective school, then its a poor and misinformed choice.

Also this, as lame and corny as it sounds, having a strong and supportive group of friends can really help.

russ3l

HSC
Think about it, if you move schools at the end of year 11 you're going to making new friends (and very competitive friends), your leadership chances are down the drain and you might go through, what isn't supposed to be, a very very stressful hsc year. You can still achieve the same hsc result in the school you're at right now. However, please by all means, apply to all of the selective schools you wish to attend so at least you've got a choice on whether you want to move or not (which is what im going to do :) )

Duci_

HSC
We arent saying you shouldnt change, but to consider your reasons for changing. If you want to change because you think a more competitive environment will suit you then you should. Some people change from schools where academics is a low priority and behaviour is poor. Like there is one school in my area where teachers sometimes dont bother to teach because the behavour is so bad. In this case its a good idea to change.
If you want change because you think you will automatically get a better ATAR by being at a selective school, then its a poor and misinformed choice.
Also this, as lame and corny as it sounds, having a strong and supportive group of friends can really help.
That last bit was corny but really touching xD ~
Thanks on submitting your thoughts though, they are helpful ~
& , dw i ll keep in mind that to get a better ATAR i will still have to work extremely hard. =]

By all means, apply to as many selective schools as you want, it can't hurt to try. Just remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get in, and you still have a very solid chance of getting the results/uni you prefer if you work hard enough, regardless of what school you go to :)
OKIES thank you ! i'm gonna try get 4 on my list >< , it's better to take a chance right , even if that chance is teeny tine right :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)