Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moni5281

HSC
I didn't choose any social sciences, though I did commerce in year 9/10 and hated it 0.0
lol i'm the total opposite. our school offers two electives for both yrs 9 and 10 and it offers one elective for just yr 9. i took commerce as my yr 9 elective and actually enjoyed it but i couldn't continue in yr 10 because there wasn't enough spaces in the other classes :hammer: now i'm just hoping that business studies and economics will be sort of similar to commerce :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
lol i'm the total opposite. our school offers two electives for both yrs 9 and 10 and it offers one elective for just yr 9. i took commerce as my yr 9 elective and actually enjoyed it but i couldn't continue in yr 10 because there wasn't enough spaces in the other classes :hammer: now i'm just hoping that business studies and economics will be sort of similar to commerce :)
Not exactly - commerce offered a broad idea of business studies, economics and legal studies. Since you chose the former two, it will be a more in-depth study of those subjects.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Is anyone doing any creative arts subjects such as Music or Drama?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
haha same here!! i really hated the theory part though i enjoyed composing
Haha, yeah I think would've been good at performing since I do piano, but I suck at composing and musicology is basically the history of music which would pretty much bore the crap out of me.

moni5281

HSC
Haha, yeah I think would've been good at performing since I do piano, but I suck at composing and musicology is basically the history of music which would pretty much bore the crap out of me.
i do piano as well! although compared to my other classmates i'm not as good (some ppl have their amus and lmus already). i'm don't suck too badly at musicology but then it's because i was forced to do theory exams :lol: i do find it really boring though and i will never do another theory exam again

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i do piano as well! although compared to my other classmates i'm not as good (some ppl have their amus and lmus already). i'm don't suck too badly at musicology but then it's because i was forced to do theory exams :lol: i do find it really boring though and i will never do another theory exam again
How long have you been playing for and what grade?

moni5281

HSC
How long have you been playing for and what grade?
i think around 8 years now?? i finished 8th grade last year and doing amus right now... not sure if i'll continue though because yr 11 is apparently busy :/ what about u?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i think around 8 years now?? i finished 8th grade last year and doing amus right now... not sure if i'll continue though because yr 11 is apparently busy :/ what about u?
8 years as well! I'm currently doing 7th grade, but the only thing I'm wondering is whether I should do 8th grade before year 12 if I'm allowed to.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I just hope that everyone e thoroughly enjoys the subjects they have picked and if not, can change them before year 12!
I realise now that I'll only be doing, essentially, four subjects in year 12 and I don't know of that's good or bad.

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aiming for Medicine at UNSW

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I just hope that everyone e thoroughly enjoys the subjects they have picked and if not, can change them before year 12!
I realise now that I'll only be doing, essentially, four subjects in year 12 and I don't know of that's good or bad.

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Four subjects?

moni5281

HSC
8 years as well! I'm currently doing 7th grade, but the only thing I'm wondering is whether I should do 8th grade before year 12 if I'm allowed to.
why aren't u allowed? lol my parents want me to attempt the amus exam but yeah thats them. if i was doing music this year and next year i would definitely take the exam. dont know about u but i feel like if i don't do the piano exam in yr 12, i'll be too ceebs later on with uni and everything :rolleyes:

DLMisme

HSC
Yeah it is c: Although in my case, we did have a teacher present. Just not very often haha. Besides, it's also hard, because the supervising teacher may not want to make any big decisions e.g in my class, half the time, most of the class didn't get the notification for a test, and we were informed maybe 3-5 days before the test that there was a test, meaning that half of us wanted extentions etc but the supervising teacher couldn't make the decision - she had to contact the main teacher who wasn't really contactable etc. so meh.
It's nice that you have an exchange student in your school :) Wow, your school let's them teach though? Students from my old, old school used to just pester them to make origamis for us haha xD But then again we were like 8? back then lol :p
Yeah I can see that being a pain. That is part of the reason I scrapped the idea of taking Japanese Continuers, I'd find hard to do distance ed. We've had quite a few exchange students over the years actually, they've all been our age or close to it as well :) He doesn't teach as such, but walks around and helps everybody. And he did teach us all origami for our last lesson haha :)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Because there are time constraints in the timetable for the AMEB apparently - I do want to finish 8th grade in year 11, but I'm worried that if I can't, it would mean I might do it in year 12 which could be a struggle for me in terms of time management.

moni5281

HSC
Oh right, try your best to finish this year :) good luck~~

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Four subjects?
Yeah, ext 1 maths, ext 2 English, chemistry, biology. Essentially it's 4 subjects but if course I would have 2 classes for English and bio each :)

HSC 2015

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Yeah, ext 1 maths, ext 2 English, chemistry, biology. Essentially it's 4 subjects but if course I would have 2 classes for English and bio each :)

HSC 2015

Well, in that case you should be OK as you have 11 units.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Agree 100% with this^
TRY not to drop advanced but, do so if you know that you are not capable of succeeding in advanced. The biggest mistake is to persist: by doing a subject which you know you won't succeed in (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)