Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
1 on 1 you have to explain what you want taught whereas in groups you are taught what you should be learning.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
1 on 1 you have to explain what you want taught whereas in groups you are taught what you should be learning.
I guess but if the tutor has competed high school they would know what to teach, I guess it's just my preference haha, do you do tutoring ?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
yea i went to a 1 to 1 before and found it helpful but not very educational. I simply asked questions from a textbook that i didn't know and got an explanation, where as in groups i found it much more broader with thorough explanations and teaching of required information.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
yea i went to a 1 to 1 before and found it helpful but not very educational. I simply asked questions from a textbook that i didn't know and got an explanation, where as in groups i found it much more broader with thorough explanations and teaching of required information.
Ohh I see, so do you still do the group then ?

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Nearly finished reading my last English text and then I'm all sweet!
Woah, you're so prepared. My school hasn't even told us what we're going to be studying this year. What texts did you read?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Woah, you're so prepared. My school hasn't even told us what we're going to be studying this year. What texts did you read?
ikr, hate my cheap school. hope we do TKAMB

IcyRain

HSC
I read one that my adv English teacher personally told me to read. God I hope we end up doing it.

moni5281

HSC
@ Soulful - yep i did TKAMB in year 9

@hawkrider - did book thief last year and macbeth in yr 8

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I read one that my adv English teacher personally told me to read. God I hope we end up doing it.
Lol, imagine how much troll you'd get if it wasn't the text you're studying for the term.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
anyone planning on tutoring?
I go maths (not one on one) and that's about it. Hopefully it will stay this way :)

Oh, and I also just started a Japanese conversation class thingy. It's not really tutoring since I basically just (try my best to) talk to this cool Japanese guy in a cafe for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)