• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
btw I found loose leaf to be extremely annoying when I tried it out at the end of Year 11, idk if it was because it was almost Prelim time or I had started the routine of offloading the week's work into a larger folder too late. I still have a load of loose leaf sheets and I was wondering if I could use those for this term and the use the exercise books that I planned to use to write my notes in?!?! Also, can we just bring up the debate of handwriting or typing notes?

ty
Try it and see how it goes, and in the end choose what you're most comfortable with

Debate:

Adjudicator: May the first speaker of the affirmative/opposition Crisium stand up.

Crisium: Type Notes.

Affirmative/Opposition: *Looks at Crisium with fear in their eyes*

Adjudicator: Crisium's team wins the debate!

*Crowd goes wild* :headbang: :jump: :headbang:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Handwriting is meant to be better for memory retention. You are unlikely to be able to type your exams, so has the potential benefit of increasing handwriting speed!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Handwriting is meant to be better for memory retention. You are unlikely to be able to type your exams, so has the potential benefit of increasing handwriting speed!
Yeah but are you really going to remember what you wrote in that first lesson of year 12 until the exam for that subject in the HSC?

You're bound to go over it several times so you might as well type it up with neat and clear formatting

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Who cares, don't conform to her expectations

It's all about YOU for the HSC, you have to make the choices that will suit YOU in the best manner possible

Tell her that she's not the one doing the HSC, YOU ARE the one doing the HSC
cos she thinks that I'm more mathematically minded, so yeah. besides school accepts the the top 10 students out 120 who do modern..

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
cos she thinks that I'm more mathematically minded, so yeah. besides school accepts the the top 10 students out 120 who do modern..
1) She may think that but may not be aware of what you're suited to

2) I'm sure you'll make the top 10 next year

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Mum* sorrryyy it just irks me when people spell it as 'mom'.
and who cares what parents think, I barely listen to mine..wait maybe that's a bad thing... STILL! Do what you want to do for the HSC, it will hopefully make it a little more enjoyable for you because you usually do better in subjects you like anyway.
i just say mom for fun but when i write essays i say 'mum'.
I'll just persuade her and make a pros and cons list with more pros so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)