Year 11 and 12 Study Tips (1 Viewer)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
tbh I feel that adaptation can only happen if like u have more than 2 "broad" essays all of which cover the whole rubric/syllabus and you continuously adapt to various questions on a regular basis (including "curveballs")
jazz519 memorised essays and got 97 without practising so I think it's up to one's ability too

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
jazz519 memorised essays and got 97 without practising so I think it's up to one's ability too
He was probably lucky then or else the HSC could've screwed him over coz I heard the HSC is leaning to less rote memorisation of essays and they're starting to catch out students who haven't read their texts (I think the latter would be quite hard)

_Anonymous

HSC
Sorta confused about the English part. Guess I'll learn more about it next year.

Thank you guys for your help though.

HoldingOn

HSC
He was probably lucky then or else the HSC could've screwed him over coz I heard the HSC is leaning to less rote memorisation of essays and they're starting to catch out students who haven't read their texts (I think the latter would be quite hard)
You can adapt any memorised essay to any question. It's just a matter of thinking on your feet.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
You can adapt any memorised essay to any question. It's just a matter of thinking on your feet.
This is true. Try both memorising essays and memorising quotes/analysis in year 11 see which works better.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
This is true. Try both memorising essays and memorising quotes/analysis in year 11 see which works better.
The essay questions that seem to get asked in year 11 are not "curveball" style, mainly because every school does different texts and AOS and there aren't many resources on the internet for preliminary texts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)