Year 11: Dodgey Physics Teacher (1 Viewer)

Nick_K

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm in year 11 and I'm really worried about my physics teacher, she's hardly giving any work. I can understand the stuff we do but I just don't feel like it's enough. I have mates in the other physics class and it sounds like they are doing alot more then us. We haven't got textbooks yet so all I've got is what she gives us.

Do you think I need to get a tutor, or buy a physics study guide? If that's the case can you recommend a specific study guide. Thanks for any help.

K

khorne

excel year 11 physics is great...I don't like the year 12 one as much...but the year 11 one is solid.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
In terms of texts books you can buy the jacaranda physics - Amazing texts book.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I'm in year 11 and I'm really worried about my physics teacher, she's hardly giving any work. I can understand the stuff we do but I just don't feel like it's enough. I have mates in the other physics class and it sounds like they are doing alot more then us. We haven't got textbooks yet so all I've got is what she gives us.

Do you think I need to get a tutor, or buy a physics study guide? If that's the case can you recommend a specific study guide. Thanks for any help.
What textbook are you currently using.
We use Physics in Focus and it seems pretty good

Nick_K

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright thanks, I'll look into the excel physics. We don't have textbooks yet but I think when we get them it will be the Jacaranda one- not 100% sure though.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
If you are understanding the work and can do the questions, there is no need to bash yourself over the head with lots of busy work.

Understand the concepts well and you won't need to do a lot of work. Also, you may want to just check that you are progressing through the syllabus at a rate that will get you to the end of it in good time. If not, then you need to pick up the speed on your own, proably by starting a topic that your teacher is going to leave until last.

johNNyboy772

HSC
dodgy teacher = ur screwed.

unless you're the type that can read and understand the textbook from cover to cover, on your own, with limited help

that, or get some tutoring

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Teach yourself. You might as well start now seeing as that's what you'll have to do it uni :)

hscishard

HSC
dodgy teacher = ur screwed.

unless you're the type that can read and understand the textbook from cover to cover, on your own, with limited help

that, or get some tutoring
:speechless:. What do you mean by unless? Everyone can read and understand any textbook. Unless you read 50 pages a time of course.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Download a copy of the syllabus from the Board of Studies and write your notes based on the points in that.

If you find that you can answer all the syllabus points, then you doing fine. If not, then you will need to buy yourself ne of the books people suggest and fill in the gaps yourself. Also, don't forget, textbooks are sometimes not 100% enough - you may need to look around for extra nitty gritty info to address some weird points on the syllabus.

But do that and you'll be tracking along well.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Doesnt exactly cover all the different types of questions.
In fact, Jacaranda covers a wide array of questions, I will admit there isnt enough questions as a whole, but, There is alot of questions.

Past papers are there so you can practice a wide array of questions.:)

alexx-12

HSC
I have a heaps dodgy physics teacher too, exams set are way too hard compared to the stupid non-relevent questions we do in class. I'm getting a tutor soon though :). Is the physics in focus book any good? Is it similar to the maths in focus book?

darkchild69

Nanotechnologist
HSC
Physics in Focus book is pretty basic.

It's not bad for some of the qualitative syllabus points, but I would recommend it as a supplement rather than as a textbook. I use some material from it when I tutor and the students have already been over that topic

Jacaranda or In2 Physics are good texts with a great deal more information

HSC
Uni Grad
Physics in Focus book is pretty basic.

It's not bad for some of the qualitative syllabus points, but I would recommend it as a supplement rather than as a textbook. I use some material from it when I tutor and the students have already been over that topic

Jacaranda or In2 Physics are good texts with a great deal more information
Is "Physics In Focus" related to "Maths In Focus"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)