Year 11 English Area of Study and texts (1 Viewer)

rolror88

HSC
N/A
We are studying Mao's Last Dancer. I have only read the first chapter or two and it is boring me to death... apparently it gets better.. hope so.

But I am not enjoying english at all at the moment.. I hate creative writing, even though i get awesome marks i find it sooo boring. Probably should have done standard english :\
It's an awesome book. I read it a while ago and it took a bit of time for me to actually start enjoying it, but its full of great stuff ~ Apparently, you can use it for a lot of Area of studies, including belonging.

h3ll h0und

HSC
we're doing the outsider
we have to study othello
i've lost my faith in english
we're doing alienation and studying othello :p we've studied the outsider as part of our AOS as well lol.... wat related texts are u using?

ewd

HSC
Ahh i'm doing change and it is unbelievably boring.
We're doing Bruce Dawe poetry, and The Princess Diaries (ridiculous)
For an assessment task, we need to choose two other texts, so I'm doing the film Pleasantville but a bit stuck on another text? It has to a be a written text.

HSC
when i was in yr 11 we did journeys. it was ok. the worst part was doing Henry V. worst bloody text ever!

Madge10

HSC
we are doing merrry go round in the sea. is anyone doing or done that?
we did the outsider in about yr 8 at my school. vaguley remember it. like ours now, it has to do with the war.

Lola_teapot

HSC
We are doing journeys, most stupid thing ever!!! I am so sick of it already!

harriet le spy

HSC
my school is studying change as well and we are doing gwen harwoods poetry like 'father and son' and 'the glass jar'
it is a bit boring but at least its simple, and we're studying 'brave new world' in english extension

Freak-Luce

HSC
We're doing journey in our yr 11 too. Not exactly interesting but I suppose
thats cause we just had to study Huck Finn

leapordfist

HSC
were doing changing perspective (or change) and studying the novel looking for alibrandi....which is alright....the aos is hard at first...like hard to get totally into but once ur on a roll, its not all that bad....

nobby11

HSC
it all depends which school you go to.
i go to penrith HS and some calsses are doing discovery, we're doing identity, and some are doing journey..

so basically depends upon teacher- besides, yr 11 only counts for like, 10% of year 12 so dun worry to much bout topic

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
we're doing 'The Outsider'
its kind of cheating i guess actually

apparently you're not supposed to do anything related to belonging in yr11

the outsider.........belonging

yeah

ieatbarbies

HSC
LOL "my buddy at sydney boys high school, the school ranked 7th in the state" --> completely irrelevant, random piece of information?

if it was to add credibility, it was unnecesary - because most of us not under rocks knows that sbhs is kinda hot up there.

so basically depends upon teacher- besides, yr 11 only counts for like, 10% of year 12 so dun worry to much bout topic
Year 11 marks counts towards HSC?? I didn't know that?? Can someone clarify?

GLavakz

HSC
We are doing Power but not many other people seem to be doing it .. The general english classes are doing journeys but apparently its harder

Mz Klutz

HSC
I was told year 11 didn't count towards HSC i thought it was just a starter for year 12

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
we're doing 'The Outsider'
its kind of cheating i guess actually

apparently you're not supposed to do anything related to belonging in yr11

the outsider.........belonging

yeah
We did Outsider briefly, but that was related to Catcher, not AOS. :S

My school's doing Journeys for that.

clairexx

HSC
hm, we're doing the Human Condition for our AoS, which basically means all the qualities which distinguish humans from other animals. Trust my school to do this..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)