• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 here!! (1 Viewer)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
foram said:
Wow, i'm just the opposite. As long as I know that I got the UAI i want, i'll be happy with anythning (even knowing I didn't work my best).
how can you be satisfied with something you havent really worked hard for?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
how can you be satisfied with something you havent really worked hard for?
Its very simple. I'm lazy. If I can get something without working harder than I must, then why should I work so hard?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
foram said:
Its very simple. I'm lazy. If I can get something without working harder than I must, then why should I work so hard?
eh. im the exact oppisite.
i neglected thorough study for modern history at the end of year 11, and got 92%. it was a good mark, yes. it was the top mark, yes. but i wasnt happy because i hadnt worked as hard as possible, thus, it wasnt the best mark possible.

i guess i just have a different work ethic. each to their own. i wasnt critising, just curious.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
sonyaleeisapixi said:
eh. im the exact oppisite.
i neglected thorough study for modern history at the end of year 11, and got 92%. it was a good mark, yes. it was the top mark, yes. but i wasnt happy because i hadnt worked as hard as possible, thus, it wasnt the best mark possible.

i guess i just have a different work ethic. each to their own. i wasnt critising, just curious.
Same here. I would never be satisfied as long as I know that I didn't try hard enough (except 100%, which is unlikely to get without studying).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ketaki said:
So Sydney is better?? (if no, reason please)
Well, it depends. USYD course is much longer than the UNSW course. If you undertake UNSW course, you can practise as a doctor at an earlier date. On top of that UNSW is relatively easier to get into as its UAI cut-off is 95 compared with 99.95 UAI of USYD.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Ketaki said:
and one last question guys, promise!

Which one for Medicine - Sydney or UNSW??
In Sydney you can only do medicine as a postgraduate degree (making it longer) apart from 10 people (but it is hard enough to get into medicine as is, let alone being the top 10 applicants). In UNSW you can do it undergraduate so you can do it in 6 years. In USyd it takes at least 7 years.

Just because the cutoff for medicine and UNSW is lower doesnt mean that it is worse. However, it might be, i'm not really sure. Usyd tends to be better for sciences, so maybe medicine is the same.

lyounamu said:
On top of that UNSW is relatively easier to get into as its UAI cut-off is 95 compared with 99.95 UAI of USYD.
Even though you only need a UAI of 95 to get in in UNSW, it is not like other subjects where everyone who applies and gets a UAI over 95 gets in. UNSW still only takes about 140 undergrad students a year, and when competing with people who get UAI's 99+, people with 95 are less likely to be accepted. Many people advice UAI's of at least 98. That said, it is not impossible to get in with a UAI of 95 but you'd have to ace the UMAT and interview.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
midifile said:
Even though you only need a UAI of 95 to get in in UNSW, it is not like other subjects where everyone who applies and gets a UAI over 95 gets in. UNSW still only takes about 140 undergrad students a year, and when competing with people who get UAI's 99+, people with 95 are less likely to be accepted. Many people advice UAI's of at least 98. That said, it is not impossible to get in with a UAI of 95 but you'd have to ace the UMAT and interview.
Sorry. I poorly expressed myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)