Year 11 Legal Studies (1 Viewer)

Mon17

HSC
Hey guys,

In about 6 weeks i have my end of year preliminary examinations. I was wondering whether i could get some tips on how to approch my study skills with legal studies and how to structure an essay or some examples on how to set it out. I know that there is a introduction, body and conclusion but i really need some tips / examples setting it out with cases etc.

Thanks,
Monique:D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I wont pretend to be the best at this please don't just use my explanation

The best thing I have found is to break up the question. Make a plan before you write the essay and make a few notes of points and cases/leg etc under each main point. I'll try and show you with this question I pulled off this site.

Evaluate the extent to which there has been continuity and change in the way in which the legal system responds to the needs of family members"

Ok so this essay has two main areas/themes 'continuity' and 'change'

So under those two headings you would make notes about the relevant cases and or points.

So it would be

Intro - where you introduce your general idea of what the question means and how you will approach it and any definitions of words in the question if required.

Body
Paragraphs on Continuity
- examples of things that have remained the same (i.e. legal definition of marriage)
- how has the legal system responded
Paragraphs on Change
- examples of things that have changed (i.e. rights of defactos)
- how has the legal system responded
You can discuss links between these ideas if relevant
Conclusion - sum up all you ideas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)