Year 11 Personality Study Suggestions! (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Well, I got my assignment today and I have a few ideas of who I want to research. Our assignment consists of a historical investigation on a Twentieth Century personality, and we have to give either a lecturette or a Powerpoint presentation.

My main areas that I might select my personality would befrom the Nazis, Soviet Union, Arab-Israeli Conflict or WWII in general. I've chosen Hermann Goering, Ariel Sharon or Dwight Eisenhower as possible choices.

But I need some more options so I can broaden my choices. So does anyone have any suggestions? :)

Zephyrio

HSC
I did Yitzhak Rabin who was involved in peace within the Middle East.

We had to go to class with a speech prepared in the persona of our chosen character, and I'm presuming that you don't have to do that...

If you want to do someone really really nutty, go for Hitler, Stalin (though his speeches were all so boring), Robert Mugabe (nutcase), Idi Amin (known for his very erratic behaviour) and there are so many.

Some Asian ones are Kim Il Jung, Dalai Lama, Ho Chi Minh, Gandhi, Mao... European: Churchill, Thatcher, Mussolini, the Pope, Bismarck...
American: Roosevelt, Luther King, Reagan, Nixon etc.
Australian (yawn LOL): Menzies, Howard, Keating, Whitlam...
Middle East: Arafat, Ataturk, Meir, Saddam Hussein...

There are soo many! G'luck dude. I PM'd you by the way. Did you get it?

EDIT: I just re-read your q and I didn't really answer it. LOL. Some interesting personalities from WW2 are hmmm, let's see. Goering, Speer, Himmler, Heydrich, Eichmann (leading Nazis)... Zhukov, Stalin (Soviet)... Schindler ;). Lol in terms of the USSR, you have Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky, Gorbachev... and in terms of Russia, you have Putin and what's his name... Yeltsin.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^Haha thanks :) I might consider doing Oskar Schindler :p

Redbeard

HSC
You won't be able to do Speer, Trotsky, Ho Chi Minh, Menzies, Arafat, Meir or Gorbachev (unless your teacher has set no restrictions) as they are personalities to choose from for the hsc.

Another strong personality would be Deng Xiaoping. He was the leader of China when the Tiananmen Square massacre occurred, and has been criticised since he retired from his post for much of what he did during his reign (he allowed his people no freedom).

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, our teacher gave us no restrictions, except for Speer or Riefenstahl.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I've shortened it to Eisenhower or F. Roosevelt :)

dreamee

HSC
I know u just said u'v decided on one of those two. But maybe you could have a look at Robert McNamara....

Not quite in your criteria... But I personally find him absolutely fascinating.

Me4life68

HSC
hahahahahahhahahahahahhahaa <br>
:( prelim exam today ohh Yay :(
hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahha
romavov indian mutiny 2oth century begingings europe morocan crisis ,
rise and fal of militrism
GAH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)