Year 11 Selections (2 Viewers)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I won't bother listing my subject selections that i want to make for year 11/12 because you can see them in my signature... But there is a problem. I have 14 units. I attend a catholic school so Studies of Religion I is compulsory... Most students have 13 units because they choose everything then add the SOR I onto their list.

I really only have 14 units because of the extension I mathematics.... Some students have been saying that I will struggle with 14 units though. i don't feel that it is necessary to drop any of the subjects in my signature... so what should I do.

Will I be able to cope with 14 units? I am placed about 2nd in the year and would love to do the subjects I have chosen...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aquawhite said:
I won't bother listing my subject selections that i want to make for year 11/12 because you can see them in my signature... But there is a problem. I have 14 units. I attend a catholic school so Studies of Religion I is compulsory... Most students have 13 units because they choose everything then add the SOR I onto their list.

I really only have 14 units because of the extension I mathematics.... Some students have been saying that I will struggle with 14 units though. i don't feel that it is necessary to drop any of the subjects in my signature... so what should I do.

Will I be able to cope with 14 units? I am placed about 2nd in the year and would love to do the subjects I have chosen...
Most schools cannot fit 14 units into the timetable. I tried to do 14 Units this year but I could not because I was basically in the same situation as you are in now. I really ask you to consider that option of doing 14 Units. It's quite a lot and you won't like it. (but it's rewarding to some extent)

If you cannot do 14, drop 1 subject that you least like.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I must also so that it is really only going to be 12 units in my mind because the Engineering Studies course is not offered AT the school. It is an online course and I will complete it in my own time and in free periods.... :)

As I said before though. My school can fit 13 units for every student, and my extension maths is the only thing increasing it past 12.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You might be able to do 14 units in year 11 but 14 units for the HSC is very tough.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
For the HSC I will definitely drop one of the subjects.... obviously the one I'm going the worst at... which will probably by physics.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
its not recommended to do 14 units, but some people from James Ruse and North Sydney take 15 units. I heard of one that took 18 units.

if you think you can cope, then take 14 units. It depend so on the person. If you are good at managing your time ,then by all means take 14 units

bored of sc

HSC
14 units for my school means a full timetable. So it probably means an intense workload without the comfort and time gained by free periods.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
There was some guy/girl on here, ages back that did 18units. I think anyway.

Talk to you school if they can accommodate your 14units in year 11. It is possible to do 14units but its going to be a fairly big workload.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks. The 'lines' as such havn't been released yet. I know my choices may have to change but I do doubt that any of my subjects will be on the same lines because I have spoken to the teacher/s running and organising the lines. The Engineering Studies is online and I'm not exactly sure how I would cope doing something without a teacher actually there to teacher my something.

I have never tried something like that before!

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
if u can do it, do it!
my school only let us do 12 units coz they cudn't really fit anymore.

14 is fine for prelims anyway, u can drop more if u need to later

Schoey93

HSC
@ my school, 14 units would give you just ONE 52 minute free every two weeks. I'm quite sure you wouldn't be allowed by the Assistant Prinicipal - Curriculum to do 14 units... even if one course was OFFline (not ONline).

According to your signature, you do TWELVE units, with 3 at HSC level. I say keep all of those, drop Engineering, and DON'T do Mathematics Extension 2 in year 12...Namu is repeating Math Ext 1 and doing Math Ext 2...so now his first in state for Math probably won't count, 'cos you can't count six units of math toward your UAI.

just don't repeat Math Ext 1 is you do Ext 2, but it really is up to you. Heck, if it was me, I would be dropping Engineering as soon as I could to have 14 units and 9 52 min spares a fortnight, but hey, that's just me! :)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Helloo, fellow 14U-er =]
If you really like your subjects and can motivate yourself to do the work well, then you should be fine, especially if you aren't doing much extra curicular and then have time to do the work. I, on the other hand, am not taking my own advice and therefore will screw myself over, especially if I take up german extension and 4Umaths next year x|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)