Year 11 Workload (1 Viewer)

cupcake08

HSC
nandayo said:
Just out of interest. How many Year 11's this year kept a part time job AND a good grade average? How many hours did you work a week.

Parentals think I should quit my job (15-20hrs a week) at the video shoppe, because it'll save quitting it when the workload gets rough.

Any thoughts?
i kept my part time job and managed to good grades in all my subjects in year 11
that being said, when i started yr 11 i was swimming 4 times a week (at 5am :mad1: ) and working about 7 and a half hours. by the end of yr 11 i worked once a week for four hours.
moral of the story - its good to have stuff outside of the school and its definitely possible to do well at school/keep your job. however you might want to consider cutting down - 15 to 20 hours is probably too much if you're that serious about your work.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Ty guys :) You've been great help ;)

babylupin

HSC
bos1234 said:
dont believe any1 who says year 11 is easy and no worload.. they are either geniuses or bludgers..

its very hard compared to year 10.. there is no comparison.. u learn all new stuff especially for maths,,, u get bombarded with assesments..!!!

and year 12 is even harder..

but nothing a little time management cant fix..
yes i agree.
for it to seem easy you would have to bludge, or you would have to be like a genius....i so agree there....

i foudn a huge difference with maths...i started doing three units....but i had to drop that....i foudn it hard, and time managem,ent with other subjects and work and extracurricular activities can be really hard

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Put simply, it will get harder when you move from year 10 to year 11 to year 12. By the time you finish the HSC, you'll be quite thoroughly sick of school..

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Hmm I thought year 11 has a huge jump from year 10, but then again I changed schools which were differing by around 120 ranks at the time (Macfields & Hurlstone), so I guess that was the key factor. All my ranks seriously dropped my like 60 or something, which was a bit of a shock.
So much pressure in harder schools -sigh-

N

noir.

tamaranadine said:
Does any know which is harder, going from

year 10- 11

11- 12

or high school to Uni

just curious that's all.

(plus my english teacher was trying to scare us all by saying that going from year 10 - 11 is the hardest of all)
Most people find the transition from year 10 into year 11 tough because of the increase in work load. It depends on the type of person you are and how you handled work in year 10.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
You also find that after year 10 and the SC that a lot of people leave, mostly (but not only) the non-acadmically minded people. Your left with more people who want to succeed and are generally 'smarter', so it can be more competitive. Which can be a good thing coz they'll push and motivate everyone, but it might increase your workload and make things seem 'harder.' As you progress, things do become more competitive. :)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
year 10 was nothingggggg...

hope year 11 is SOMETHING.

powcy

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
You also find that after year 10 and the SC that a lot of people leave, mostly (but not only) the non-acadmically minded people. Your left with more people who want to succeed and are generally 'smarter', so it can be more competitive. Which can be a good thing coz they'll push and motivate everyone, but it might increase your workload and make things seem 'harder.' As you progress, things do become more competitive. :)
AMEN to that! That's the best part of Senior years! Smaller and more serious classes (not speaking for my EES class... *sigh*)!

timlay said:
year 10 was nothingggggg...

hope year 11 is SOMETHING.
Year 11 IS something, a great deal of something, but nothing compared to year 12. Time management is the most important skill one has to practice (or for some, acquire :p) in senior years, and besides that, just working hard and keeping on top of things.

Nevertheless, I find my senior years the best years of High School. It's a lot more pressure, a lot more work, but also a lot more fun. Some teachers love you, most will be lenient with you, a lot more content, a lot more ~serious~ work (eg. more essays in English and other humanities, more first-hand investigations in science, more history and criticism in art) and in science, you get to learn a lot of stuff that defies what you've learnt before... :|

But in all, senior is great, if you can manage your time well and do your best.

Oh, and finally, this is not an excuse to slack off, but do take it easy, because in the HSC, Prelim results don't really count. It's like a warming-up track. If you do well in Year 11, you'll just have to pick up the pace a little in year 12, and voila! The HSC is here and soon will be over.

Hope that helps! :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)