Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Year 11 (Preliminary year) is more stressful than Year 12 (HSC year).

What is your opinion in regards to the above statement? And please state your reasons.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
I reckon it depends on the school, but I would say no.

The work is more complex, and marks count for more. Plus you have the extra pressure of competing against the whole state, if uni/ prestige is what you want. You often go into exams feeling that you know nothing, and it is possible to make a serious attempt at an essay and still get 0.

calagain

Banned
HSC
i don't see how anyone could find year 11 stressful at all, unless you're accelerating.

doing assessments that count towards nothing isn't hard.

Muz4PM

HSC
I think that Year 12 is alot more stressful than Year 11. Heck, Year 11 basically means nothing in terms of assessments, so you can cruise through. In retrospect, I would not have put as much effort into Year 11 as I did.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
how... how is this even up for discussion? :confused:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It depends on whether you're accelerating. But in most instances, Year 12 would be more stressing than Year 11.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Year 11 wouldn't be stressfull if you just bludged all year.

HSC
year 11 counts for nothing, year 12 actually matters. it's way more stressful. whoever voted that year 12 is less stressful is crazy...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I am extremely surprised by the result. I thought Year 12 was supposed to be less stressful.

Don't you get less periods (for some people, because they drop one or more subjects)?

Wouldn't you have more experience in your studies?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
On the contrary, I have 0 free periods at the moment compared to year 11 with the additional 1 unit. And the workload still increases after Year 11. For me, the workload in the Preliminary is a stark contrast to what I get now.

runnable

HSC
lyounamu said:
Unfortunately, that won't be the case. Once I complete my accelerated subjects, I am planning to pick up Cosmology (if I am allowed to). On top of that, it will very likely that I will continue Chemistry, leaving myself with 13 units of work next year with extra 3 this year. :cold:

Haha so remember in your Year 12.... Its 13 units of serious work... while you have 3 now. So talk about stress.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
emirisan said:
Are you serious? Thats crazy. You dont need 16 units... Its best just to focus and do the best you can in 10-12 units, than try and complete 16 units and have average results.. (Not that you'd have average results, of course :p)

I think you should at least drop something next year, even if you keep the 13 units for a couple of terms until you can definitely see what your worst subject is.. I think anymore than 12 units is too much stress for the HSC, especially if you're known to procrastinate :rolleyes:
Hahahahahaha...

I really appreciate your advice.

The amount of units that I will have (if I don't drop anything and pick up Cosmology) is 15 units. But I will be doing 16 units of work in total because my school enforces the rule that I need to do Extension 1 Mathematics next year even if I complete it this year.

At this stage, I don't feel like dropping anything. My results are similar across the subjects. However, I will definitely consider dropping one if I happen to get low mark in one subject.

By the way, there is a guy at my school who does 15 units right now (including my acclerated subjects). He will be picking up Mathematics Extension 2 next year, increasing his 15 units to 16 units in total.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)