• Yes

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • No

Votes: 93 86.1%

• Total voters

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
I have to say yes and no. Not being in Year 11 or 12 i can not say for sure. But, from what i have been told, it depends. If you work really had in year 11, some say, you can have a good year 12. Others say that year 11 is a bluge and year 12 is the hard yards.

But i reckon it also depends on the person and subjects, if you are not really mentally developed, then you will not be ready for the work load. Or, if you have chosen subjects like 3 U English, 3U maths, physics and Chem in year 11 then you will have to work pritty hard, but year 12 would become more easy because you would become used to it.

Kashaya

HSC
Year 11 is a good chance to form good scholastic habits, but it's no cause for stress; if you do stress, you're a drama queen who needs to get things in perspective.

The only reason I can think of as to why year 11 would appear more stressful is because the work load comes as a shock to your lazy Stage 5 ass. By the time you've got to year 12 you've pretty much become accustomed to the incessant assessments.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am extremely surprised by the result. I thought Year 12 was supposed to be less stressful.

Don't you get less periods (for some people, because they drop one or more subjects)?

Wouldn't you have more experience in your studies?
well i do have 8 free periods a 2 week cycle (6 period a day not counting off lines) and every second wed off...but thats not much considering some ppl get up to 21 frees.

unless its a double free i dont find it that helpful
+ the content in the courses gets more full on especially physics (ewww) and eng ad is just tortuous! the things they expect of u

year 11 was nothing compared to yr 12 (and term 2 is rumoured to be the worst eeek)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Even though I haven't experienced Year 12 yet, I believe Year 12 is more stressful, as both internals and externals go towards your UAI, whilst Year 11 doesn't count...Namu your accelerating, so probably that's why it's stressful, with those extra units and extra commitment towards your studies :).

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
emirisan said:
you have every second wed off...?

ps i have 27 frees a fortnight :( and i only have like 2 doubles a week :mad:
yep its this thing my school inplemented in the year above us and we got it to...its meant to be our day to catch up and do assignments...but they also try to organise excursions/athletics carnival etc on that day so we dont miss classes.

27! thats heaps...do u have split doubles tho?

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
justify that statement, if you please?
year 11 does count in terms of getting you ready for year 12. you also need year 11 to get you into year 12 in the first place (unless you are an accelerated student). on the contrary, year 12 doesn't actually matter that much that it ultimately determines what you become. there is still other options available such as tafe or university preparation course or getting work experience and working your way up to what you want to be.

aussiechick007 said:
ok so i didnt phrase that real well... i mean its our last chance at school, to show what we've got etc type thing...
not really if you repeat year 12.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
calagain said:
because you're speaking out of your ass and have absolutely no idea.
Thats quite an arbitrary statement. Allow for me to analyse, some how you have connected the fact that your first thought is dick (as you have not denied in this post) to me not experiencing. Dick-->No idea. There is no connection.

Contrary to the fact I have not experienced year 11/12, do you think that the big bang did not happen because we were not their to watch it, or to experience it? Do you think that we cant tell how big stars are or whats in stars because we have not been to the star?

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
year 11 does count in terms of getting you ready for year 12. you also need year 11 to get you into year 12 in the first place (unless you are an accelerated student).
I'll agree on that point.

on the contrary, year 12 doesn't actually matter that much that it ultimately determines what you become. there is still other options available such as tafe or university preparation course or getting work experience and working your way up to what you want to be.
if that's your argument, then year 11 doesn't matter either. it certainly doesn't have anything to do with year 11 being harder/more stressful.

and year 12 does matter if you want to get into uni straight off the bat. year 11 education doesn't get you into uni. therefore year 12 counts more and is more stressful than year 11.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
emirisan said:
i guess its just me and you (and some other guy) namu..

you shouldve made it one of those polls where you can view who voted!
I voted 'yes' because I found my accelerated subject easier this year than last year.

I didn't want to make it public as I did not wish to disrupt others' privacies. :)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
emirisan said:
WOW! thats mad, i cant believe a school would do that.. that's so beneficial, lol. do people actually use it to work, or do they treat it like a weekend lol...?

yeah, i have heaps of split doubles, that's what is annoying because then i cant leave school early/come late because all my classes will be split with frees inbetween

however i do like split doubles, basically because i get distracted easily, and will walk aimlessly around the school to get out of doing work lol
well i use it, but some friends just get an extra shift at work
and lol i also get extremely distracted in my frees

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
if that's your argument, then year 11 doesn't matter either. it certainly doesn't have anything to do with year 11 being harder/more stressful.

and year 12 does matter if you want to get into uni straight off the bat. year 11 education doesn't get you into uni. therefore year 12 counts more and is more stressful than year 11.
yeah my main agrument was really both year 11 and year 12 doesn't matter but i realised that i quoted not really for both so i had to say that lol. i also agree with the part that year 12 is more stressful than year 11. but you didnt really say that or at least where i quoted you.

year 11 counts for nothing, year 12 actually matters.
so i assumed that we werent refering to question. and lastly if your goal is to get into uni straight off, you can do that by leaving year 10 going to tafe or doing a university preperation course and getting to uni without a year 12 qualification.

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
i also agree with the part that year 12 is more stressful than year 11. but you didnt really say that or at least where i quoted you. so i assumed that we werent refering to question.
surely you saw the next sentence of my post, though?
year 11 counts for nothing, year 12 actually matters. it's way more stressful. whoever voted that year 12 is less stressful is crazy...
and lastly if your goal is to get into uni straight off, you can do that by leaving year 10 going to tafe or doing a university preperation course and getting to uni without a year 12 qualification.
that't not getting into uni straight off, you still have to go somewhere else before uni, unlike with high school... i see that as an option for people who didn't achieve the UAI they needed in the HSC. if there was a more direct way to get into uni then why does the HSC even exist? i'm not saying it's the only way, just the most direct.

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
surely you saw the next sentence of my post, though?
yes but i didnt quote that part. therefore i wasn't refering to it.

that't not getting into uni straight off, you still have to go somewhere else before uni, unlike with high school... i see that as an option for people who didn't achieve the UAI they needed in the HSC. if there was a more direct way to get into uni then why does the HSC even exist? i'm not saying it's the only way, just the most direct.
then i guess it does depend on the individual but you have too understand that for them it may matter but not necessarily everyone. i was refering to the HSC qualification in general. one of the reasons HSC exists because it is one of the many ways that people can get into uni. the reason why the majority of students take the HSC compared to a different qualification is because it also allows them to complete year 12. i wasn't really agruing whether it is more direct or not.

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
yes but i didnt quote that part. therefore i wasn't refering to it.
i realise that. i was just pointing out that you interpreted what i said wrongly, because you've taken it out of context.

then i guess it does depend on the individual but you have too understand that for them it may matter but not necessarily everyone. i was refering to the HSC qualification in general. one of the reasons HSC exists because it is one of the many ways that people can get into uni. the reason why the majority of students take the HSC compared to a different qualification is because it also allows them to complete year 12. i wasn't really agruing whether it is more direct or not.
all you said was that it doesn't matter, which is the only part i disagree with. for persons who want to go to uni (which is a lot of people, at least at my school) it is the most direct way, hence it does matter. i understand it doesn't matter to everyone.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
all you said was that it doesn't matter, which is the only part i disagree with. for persons who want to go to uni (which is a lot of people, at least at my school) it is the most direct way, hence it does matter. i understand it doesn't matter to everyone.
ok i think you misinterpreted me or i said it wrongly what i meant was that it doesn't matter that much. even if you do badly in it im sure your life wont be completely ruined even if your aim was to go directly into uni. hence the 'not really'.

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
ok i think you misinterpreted me or i said it wrongly what i meant was that it doesn't matter that much. even if you do badly in it im sure your life wont be completely ruined even if your aim was to go directly into uni. hence the 'not really'.
okay, i agree with that.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Year 12 is going to be harder because I'm going to be putting more effort into it.

mudcake42

HSC
I found year 11 alot more stressful then year 12 ( so far). I guess in year 11 heaps of people have their stress attacks and then reach year 12 and just want it to be over lol

mudcake42

HSC
also remember year 11 is a massive change from year 10. The work is so much more and you go so much faster. Half of year 11 was me trying to adjust to it. Once you get use to it year 11 is so much less stressful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)