• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2004! (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
ok, im alex - doing drama (bush and city), ancient (new kingdom) and modern (ww1, vietnam, russia) history, legal studies (human rights, crime, family), adv.english (imaginative journeys - brave new world, blade runner, methinks thats it), ext.1 english (crime fiction), ext.2 english (video)

;)

= Jennifer =

HSC
hi i am Jennifer

i do biology (option: human story),
business studies,
english adv (physical journeys lionheart, emma/clueless, ted hughes bday letters, king lear),
english extension 1 (retreat from the global),
legal studies (options: idigenous and shelter),
studies of religion 1 unit
general mathematics

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
wat does it say on d keyring?
Amanda
meaning: worthy to be loved
origin: ~latin~

~Amanda~
she is virtuous and responsible, such a giving, nuturing and loving nature she shares wtihout question, putting others before self and helping those in need, she is loved and respected by family and her many friends, such a sweet mile and sparkling eyes."

I have another one :
"amanda is careful and prepared
She attracts attentions wherever she goes
Her reflections are often highly original
She may be prone to exhibitionism (NOT!!!)
She has a marked physical presence
She may seek the best haven for her talents
Originality is of great importance to her
She is sometimes amazed by other people
When she walks into a room everyone knows
SHe has a revolunionary zeal"

Awww self esteem boost for us!
Do u get called anything else other than manda? i get called amanda, i prefer manda and i also get mazza occasionally! i hate mandy.. absolutely hate it

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
hey guys, im stacey
doing avd eng ( inner journeys, frontline, Hamlet, Rosencrantz and Guild, Cloudstreet) ext 1 eng (crime fiction ), ext 2 eng, music, CAFS, biology.

any notes you guys have or want, some ideas for assessments with PM me!

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Hi. Im Kathryn, or Kate.

I do.......
* Eng Adv, (frontline, lear, some book i dunno, Brave New World/bladerunna)
*Eng Ext1, (crime)
*Eng Ext2, (short story)
*Ancient,
*Modern,
*Legal,
*Religion 2u,

Which equals......
*12 units
*4 of English
*4 of History
-and-
*ZERO OF MATHS!!!!!

sorry, but i must say maths is the shitty-est subject eva. It makes me sad:( cos i cant do it and then i have stress attacks and i suck unda pressure so i decided NOT to torture myself by doin it, when id get shit marks anyway.

miss_pie

HSC
hello all, i am keisha and i am doing 2u mathematics, 2u adv eng, visual arts, society and culture, and music 1.
good luck to you all this year and merry christmas :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
ppl are just diff.. see i cant get english! its just not my thing.. this convo has already been discussed on the forum - english or maths! it never ends trust me.. i think we just have to accept that some ppl have a maths brain and loves maths and some ppl have an english brain and love english. it just happens that way. i have a maths brain! i think :)

Lainee

HSC
Chances are slim but I might as well introduce myself in case I already know some of the people here.

Lainee - Studying Economics, Legal Studies (Electives: Family and World Order), English Advanced (Imaginative Journeys: Coleridge, History and Memory: 50th Gate), English Ext.1 (Retreat from the Global: The Castle) and Maths Ext.1 and Ext.2.

[The texts given are ones which I'm currently studying in school, under that module.]

:read: Ready for a kickass year '04ers? Bring it on!

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Yay Lainee i love your attitude and i love your name! Very mad! Is anyone else scared shitless? in term 4 i was soo burnt out and i really stuffed up in my assessment tasks i hope this doesnt continue throughout the year wat if i mess it all up?? AHHH :(

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
Hi. Im Kathryn, or Kate.

I do.......
* Eng Adv, (frontline, lear, some book i dunno, Brave New World/bladerunna)
*Eng Ext1, (crime)
*Eng Ext2, (short story)
*Ancient,
*Modern,
*Legal,
*Religion 2u,

Which equals......
*12 units
*4 of English
*4 of History
-and-
*ZERO OF MATHS!!!!!

sorry, but i must say maths is the shitty-est subject eva. It makes me sad:( cos i cant do it and then i have stress attacks and i suck unda pressure so i decided NOT to torture myself by doin it, when id get shit marks anyway.
woohoo! exact same subjects as me. but im not doing religion though. doing drama!

i dropped maths after the prelims...i gave up halfway thru the year...couldnt give a crap anymore

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i wish i didnt have to do maths but i gotta do it to get into primary teaching *sigh

if u really dont like it that much, u could see if u could just do it as a bridging course..im not sure though, but my friend is doing that for primary teaching...i think thats better than doing it for the HSC aint it? just a suggestion

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
im scared very scared
i culd have sworn i started this thread
unless its just got exactly the same title as mine :confused:

Barbie_Bitch

OK ppl....help me out...curently failing advanced english(imaginative journeys- s.t.coleridge, brave new world, the stimulus booklet and frontline), general maths (failing that too!!!), modern history (that makes 3!!!), society and culture (good at this one...YAY), drama (coming first if you want help) and the religion that doesnt count....being that it means nothing i decided to make it look like i'm smart...LOL!!! so yeah...get in touch ppl and maybe we can help eachother out!!!

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Barbie_Bitch you sound just like me on the drama front...but I'm coming second... :(
What are your contemporary australian theatre texts? I'm doing Gary's House and Running up a dress.

Oh, BTW, I'm Kate...actually Katie...but that is two syllables. Kate is one. Easier.
I live in Albury and go to...Albury High. Wow. What coincidence...
I saw a Lavington lurker above...Xayma? A Murray Higharian? Hmm. I do not know you, the only Murray Highers I know are the drama ones...

Now, I'm wondering who you are...

In Advanced English, we're doing Imaginative Journeys *groans*. S.T. Coleridge, Lear, Frontline, Bladerunner/Brave New World. I'm also doing Extension English 1 (not 2, heheehe) and our elective is Speculative Fiction *world's loudest GROAN*. I envy those people doing the Retreat from the Global. Grrrrrr! Also doing Modern History (was taught the IndoChina unit by I.Sutherland who wrote the textbooks prior to the current one 'Conflict in Indochina/Also went on school excursion to Vietnam...any help needed?), Drama (again, let me know if you want help...big or small), Visual Arts (My dad has been teaching it for 23 years and wants me to get Band 6) and Chemistry (my worst subject but God am I trying).
I write too much. Bye.
P.S: Any people who attended NSWPS State Drama Camp lurking about?

Barbie_Bitch

lol....dont think we know eachother Kate....my names meg and i'm a sydney chickie...i have the same thing with 2 syllables in my name but meg's soooo much easier...

ok...we're doing EXACTLY the same texts 4 english...freaky!!! i quit extention coz my teachers a wally but he's also a senior marker so he's good 4 advice...anyways....we should help eachother out with this coz modern history, drama and english are all exciting and confusing topics....maybe we could swap notes and help eachother....i soooo hate the HSC already but i need to do goodto get into my job...so yeah...if you wanna email me my email is something_new_and_original@hotmail.com and i'm happy to swap notes and help eachother out...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Skillo
I live in Albury and go to...Albury High. Wow. What coincidence...
I saw a Lavington lurker above...Xayma? A Murray Higharian? Hmm. I do not know you, the only Murray Highers I know are the drama ones...
Yeah I go to Murray, Im friends with a fair few of those drama people. *shudders* Don't worry the only Albury Highers I know are those that do Cadets (and I don't think there is any in our year)

Originally posted by Skillo
Now, I'm wondering who you are...
Well if you ask those drama people you know they will probably describe me as an arrogrant smart ass etc. depends on which ones you ask ;) Actually their probably too nice for that *shudders more*

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)