• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

deswa1

HSC
Not a bad idea to be honest.
Yeah personally I liked it as well. Most people hate it though- and Rivalry, if your year is anything like ours- more than 75% of people will have blanked.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
?

what? implement what
Are you retarded?

What is the topic at hand we're talking about?

I was obviously referring to that type of speech assessment being implemented at my school.

enoilgam

HSC
I think it's a speech task where you don't get the exact question beforehand.

They give you a pool of questions and on the day, they select one for you.

Then you speak about it for 3 minutes without palm cards (showing your supposed knowledge of the text due to the lack of palm cards + the decreased possibility of memorising speeches because there are something like 5 questions they can give you).
We did something similar in year 12, but it was an interview.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Are you retarded?

What is the topic at hand we're talking about?

I was obviously referring to that type of speech assessment being implemented at my school.
I cbf'ed reading the posts.

No way.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
:(

Trust- it probably wasn't as bad as you thought it was but I hope everything works out bro.
idk, I seriously have an ominous feeling about my mark. When I ran out of time, I was like.. ''oh no'' inside.... In fact, when I mind blank'd, I was like Í'm doomed, it's all over'.... LUCKILY, I eventually recovered and didn't end up fully giving up... I'd be pleased with a B (very very pleased with a high B)...... I actually skipped like 2 lines of my prepared speech to recover from the mind blank and yet I still had 3 or so lines left which I couldn't say....

I know I shouldn't compare myself to Sam (cause when it comes to English talent, I pale in comparison) but he did it in 2mins 58 secs (meaning he finished his speech) and I've heard he is a beast at orals.

I seriously hate this type of assessment with a passion... the only place where I can excel for English is essays... I just can't break the A barrier ever for creative and orals...

theind1996

HSC
N/A
We did something similar in year 12, but it was an interview.
In my books, that would suck.

For me, English is nothing more than memorising and adapting - I enjoy writing and crafting my essays, but I think asking from areas throughout the text would be too excessive.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah personally I liked it as well. Most people hate it though- and Rivalry, if your year is anything like ours- more than 75% of people will have blanked.
My year is probably worse than yours for English.

Oh well, I'll just focus on AoS Essay and short answers written exam.... cause that's where I can redeem myself... (hate orals with a passion)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
My year is probably worse than yours for English.

Oh well, I'll just focus on AoS Essay and short answers written exam.... cause that's where I can redeem myself... (hate orals with a passion)
How many 90+ do you reckon your grade will have for English?

enoilgam

HSC
In my books, that would suck.

For me, English is nothing more than memorising and adapting - I enjoy writing and crafting my essays, but I think asking from areas throughout the text would be too excessive.
I didnt mind it to be honest - but I still memorised quite a bit for it.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
She has her French speaking task.

Despite wanting to drop the subject anyway (so this assessment means nothing), she still wants to be a good girl and study for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)