Year 12 2012 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Funky Tiger

HSC
N/A
Got some year 11 marks back from yearly exams at the end of last term.

English Advanced - 58/60 for Paper 2, getting Paper 1 tomorrow (18 mod A, 20 mod B, 20 mod C).

Chemistry - 68/75, average was like 30/75 rofl, topped it by a mile.

Economics - 75/80, was really 68/80 but the teacher adjusted marks so not as many people failed (15/20 multiple choice, 13/20 short answer, 20/20 for essay 1, 20/20 for essay 2). Topped this by quite a bit too.
Gratz. You did well.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Got some year 11 marks back from yearly exams at the end of last term.

English Advanced - 58/60 for Paper 2, getting Paper 1 tomorrow (18 mod A, 20 mod B, 20 mod C).

Chemistry - 68/75, average was like 30/75 rofl, topped it by a mile.

Economics - 75/80, was really 68/80 but the teacher adjusted marks so not as many people failed (15/20 multiple choice, 13/20 short answer, 20/20 for essay 1, 20/20 for essay 2). Topped this by quite a bit too.
Nice marks :O

Funky Tiger

HSC
N/A
Over-speculation will kill you.

Never say anything until you're sure.

You don't want to feel like an ass if you're wrong.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Rivalry, what happened for tha depression?
To be honest, I'm not really depressed. I was just ''shocked'' (kinda devo) when I saw some marks today.

Got back 4 marks:
Physics - 52/75 ~69% (I'm seriously quite satisfied with this considering how bad I struggled with MC alone... let alone the harder section (i.e. short answers)).
I think 64 and 64.5 were some of the very high marks. Maybe top/near top. (Realise, what did you get for Physics? Since we did the same test...)

Business Studies - 58.5/70 ~84% (I think I got the highest, maybe 2nd highest, in my class and there's 2 classes in total... probs top 5 if not top 3)

I was a bit shocked at my raw mark for Business. I was pretty confident (and ya know, had dat belief) that I could get 90% raw for BS (i.e. 63/70)...
By section marks:
MC - 16/20 - Yeah, my worst section probs..... Class highest for MC was 18/20 but the guy who got 18 was completely destroyed in Short answers and Extended.
Short Answers - 24.5/30 - I got the highest for this section in my class, maybe the grade even... it was a poorly done section by the entire business cohort...
Business Report - 18/20 - My strongest section... but one person in the grade got 20... and there were apparently some 19s and other 18s...
Total: 58.5/70

2U Maths - 89/90 ~ 99% - Very happy, I lost 1 mark cause I didn't state the name of the triangle that I was inspecting for a geometry question.
So let's say you're meant to say ANGLE ABC = 69 degress (angle sum of triangle ABC) cause theres like so many triangles in the one diagram...
I just said angle sum of triangle.... and lost 1 mark
Tied 1st in my class.. 1 other guy got 89 and 2 guys got 88 in my class...

3U Maths - 57/66 ~ 86% - Yeah basically the ultimate shock considering my previous assessment performance.. was really expecting a 60/66.... but I just choked I guess, bigger choke than my very first 3U assessment...
A combination of sillies, misinterpreting a 3D trig question (still got partial marks) and not being able to do 1 question which was worth 4 marks (got 1 mark for it lol....)

Yeah, I was kinda shocked... Despite the choke, still 1st in my class BUT I assume it's a top 15 or 20 mark in the grade... MAYBE top 10 but I doubt it...

And @Deswa: sorry brah for da disappointment for ur belief in me :haha:, I'm just too inconsistent when it comes to maffs... I told you my 2nd 3U assessment top was just a fluke...

Well, I'll get over it in a day or so...

Next few marks to come:
Economics - After what happened in business (I was way more confident in Business than Economics), I don't think I can an expect 90%+ raw in Eco... I want 72/80 but who knows?
Adv Eng: Speech... ummm might be in for a shocker... and Yearlies... who knows? I think my essay was great but short answers might kill it for me...
EE1 - Already know what mark range I got for my oral. somewhere in the B range.. idk exact mark...

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see who tops 3U maffs overall now.... cause the guys who were tied 1st overall didn't get as great as they usually do.... One got 62/66 when the highest in the grade was 65? And there was a 63?

What'll be more interesting is Year 11 dux.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you need to chillax.

We've all been there when we get an assessment back which doesn't live up to our own standards.

Take a more relaxed approach to Year 12.

kazemagic

HSC
To be honest, I'm not really depressed. I was just ''shocked'' (kinda devo) when I saw some marks today.

Got back 4 marks:
Physics - 52/75 ~69% (I'm seriously quite satisfied with this considering how bad I struggled with MC alone... let alone the harder section (i.e. short answers)).
I think 64 and 64.5 were some of the very high marks. Maybe top/near top. (Realise, what did you get for Physics? Since we did the same test...)

Business Studies - 58.5/70 ~84% (I think I got the highest, maybe 2nd highest, in my class and there's 2 classes in total... probs top 5 if not top 3)

I was a bit shocked at my raw mark for Business. I was pretty confident (and ya know, had dat belief) that I could get 90% raw for BS (i.e. 63/70)...
By section marks:
MC - 16/20 - Yeah, my worst section probs..... Class highest for MC was 18/20 but the guy who got 18 was completely destroyed in Short answers and Extended.
Short Answers - 24.5/30 - I got the highest for this section in my class, maybe the grade even... it was a poorly done section by the entire business cohort...
Business Report - 18/20 - My strongest section... but one person in the grade got 20... and there were apparently some 19s and other 18s...
Total: 58.5/70

2U Maths - 89/90 ~ 99% - Very happy, I lost 1 mark cause I didn't state the name of the triangle that I was inspecting for a geometry question.
So let's say you're meant to say ANGLE ABC = 69 degress (angle sum of triangle ABC) cause theres like so many triangles in the one diagram...
I just said angle sum of triangle.... and lost 1 mark
Tied 1st in my class.. 1 other guy got 89 and 2 guys got 88 in my class...

3U Maths - 57/66 ~ 86% - Yeah basically the ultimate shock considering my previous assessment performance.. was really expecting a 60/66.... but I just choked I guess, bigger choke than my very first 3U assessment...
A combination of sillies, misinterpreting a 3D trig question (still got partial marks) and not being able to do 1 question which was worth 4 marks (got 1 mark for it lol....)

Yeah, I was kinda shocked... Despite the choke, still 1st in my class BUT I assume it's a top 15 or 20 mark in the grade... MAYBE top 10 but I doubt it...

And @Deswa: sorry brah for da disappointment for ur belief in me :haha:, I'm just too inconsistent when it comes to maffs... I told you my 2nd 3U assessment top was just a fluke...

Well, I'll get over it in a day or so...

Next few marks to come:
Economics - After what happened in business (I was way more confident in Business than Economics), I don't think I can an expect 90%+ raw in Eco... I want 72/80 but who knows?
Adv Eng: Speech... ummm might be in for a shocker... and Yearlies... who knows? I think my essay was great but short answers might kill it for me...
EE1 - Already know what mark range I got for my oral. somewhere in the B range.. idk exact mark...

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see who tops 3U maffs overall now.... cause the guys who were tied 1st overall didn't get as great as they usually do.... One got 62/66 when the highest in the grade was 65? And there was a 63?

What'll be more interesting is Year 11 dux.
wats the required atar for ur desired course in uni?

deswa1

HSC
@Rivalry- now you've got year 12- good luck :)

Though a lot of those marks are very solid (especially 2U). Congrats.

And yeah, I'm fascinated with dux haha- I don't think Hopkins will get it (not sure how he did in these tasks though) and if he doesn't... well shit will go down...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
@Rivalry- now you've got year 12- good luck :)

Though a lot of those marks are very solid (especially 2U). Congrats.

And yeah, I'm fascinated with dux haha- I don't think Hopkins will get it (not sure how he did in these tasks though) and if he doesn't... well shit will go down...
69% for Physics is defs solid :haha: (cause its 69)

Yeah I'm happy with 2U.... it really eased my disappointment for 3U...

I think I still get a 90% raw for my overall 3U mark yearly report despite getting under 90% for 2 assessments:

51/58 x 30% (1st assessment) + 59/60 x 30% (2nd assessment) + 57/66 x 40% (yearly) = 90.42%

So yay I guess? (2nd assessment saved my ass)

There's good chances that Hopkins will not get dux. I guess the competition got a bit fierce after Years 7 to 10 for him?

Those are solid marks, I don't see why you are sad.
69% in Physics.

SIXTY NINE.

69!

Everyone's favourite number.

wats the required atar for ur desired course in uni?
USYD Comm/Law so 99.7?

Realistically I won't get it but I guess I'll give it my best shot.

My next goals would be UTS Business/Law OR UNSW Actuarial Studies.

I think you need to chillax.

We've all been there when we get an assessment back which doesn't live up to our own standards.

Take a more relaxed approach to Year 12.
Yeah I should.

The raw percentages look ugly but I think I'm satisfied with my ranks but they don't even matter anymore cause Year 12 started.

kazemagic

HSC
69% for Physics is defs solid :haha: (cause its 69)

Yeah I'm happy with 2U.... it really eased my disappointment for 3U...

I think I still get a 90% raw for my overall 3U mark yearly report despite getting under 90% for 2 assessments:

51/58 x 30% (1st assessment) + 59/60 x 30% (2nd assessment) + 57/66 x 40% (yearly) = 90.42%

So yay I guess? (2nd assessment saved my ass)

There's good chances that Hopkins will not get dux. I guess the competition got a bit fierce after Years 7 to 10 for him?

69% in Physics.

SIXTY NINE.

69!

Everyone's favourite number.

USYD Comm/Law so 99.7?

Realistically I won't get it but I guess I'll give it my best shot.

My next goals would be UTS Business/Law OR UNSW Actuarial Studies.

Yeah I should.

The raw percentages look ugly but I think I'm satisfied with my ranks but they don't even matter anymore cause Year 12 started.
:D gl in year 12

Aysce

HSC
Rivalry brah, as deswa said they're not bad marks for year 11 bro!

I know I don't do the same subs as you and whatever but I got horrendous marks and ranks. I think I felt worse than you at that point. But it just made me hungrier for success in year 12 and you'll see that you'll strive MUCH HARDER for good results in year 12 than you ever will in year 11.

Just take it as a learning experience and move on quickly. Year 12 is a fresh year, a clean slate. Now is the time to correct what you did wrong in year 11. Good luck mang =)

Twinklised

HSC
Rivalry,

The devil may have passed,
Now it's time to leave everything in the past.
Turn and write a fresh chapter in your book,
And I guarantee you'll need to move your knight in order to move your rook.
Guard your dreams, with pawns
For you are currently doing better than Fawn
Take your queen and look after her
Else you may be stuck in this trance, this blur.
Take your bishop and let it lead the way, diagonally -
You shall be granted with success - finally.
You are the centre-piece of the board, the king,
After disappointment, you can be assured a win.

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Rivalry,

Now it's time to leave everything in the past. -> These are pretty much the same word
And I guarantee you'll need to move your horse in order to move your rook.This line is too long. In addition, you can move a pawn up and still move your knight -> inaccurate
For you are currently doing better than Fawn No rhyme here- the previous line ended with an s. Not a bad try though.
Take your bishop and let it lead the way, diagonally - The comma before diagonally looks contrived and doesn't add to overall effect.
After disappointment, you can be assured a win. Again on rhyme. Though I'll let you off here because this is a nice line
See above comments. Overall- poor effort: 2/10.

Please edit and send it back for further marking :p

Twinklised

HSC
See above comments. Overall- poor effort: 2/10.

Please edit and send it back for further marking :p
Moving your Pawn up isn't an effective way to play chess and is plain noobish

Hark-Hark

The comma was to emphasize the error bug on Chess titans [The bishop could move up and down one before it moved diagonally]

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Rivalry,

Now it's time to leave everything in the past.
And I guarantee you'll need to move your knight in order to move your rook.
For you are currently doing better than Fawn
Take your bishop and let it lead the way, diagonally -
After disappointment, you can be assured a win.
i'm all up for supporting rivalry but what in the literal fuck op

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)