Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Re: The p00n thread

Are the ranks at that time final or did you get to preview them on studentsonline a month or two ago?

I remember I lost a rank in eco and gained one in adv english when comparing my report and studentsonline, didn't bother saying anything lol.
We only get to preview them after the last written examination on studentsonline. The report ranks were probably your trial ranks? Or even 'semester two' ranks?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

We only get to preview them after the last written examination on studentsonline. The report ranks were probably your trial ranks? Or even 'semester two' ranks?
Ahh ok, then that was what I am talking about. The whole point of previewing your ranks is so any discrepancies can be reported.

The ranks in my report were definitely the overall assesment marks, they gave us our trial ranks seperately. I casually asked my year advisor about it and he said they should have been the same.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Ahh ok, then that was what I am talking about. The whole point of previewing your ranks is so any discrepancies can be reported.

The ranks in my report were definitely the overall assesment marks, they gave us our trial ranks seperately. I casually asked my year advisor about it and he said they should have been the same.
Weird haha they should've matched. Must've been bribery or something

Did you have any sort of marks in your report? If so, what marks were they?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Weird haha they should've matched. Must've been bribery or something

Did you have any sort of marks in your report? If so, what marks were they?
I'm going to move this discussion to HSC section now. Doubt it was bribery, more likely an error in report ranks. Even assuming it was incorrect there was a chance English was too and english for eco was a good swap. My cohort ended up performing terribly in the exam anyway, thought I did pretty shit in the hsc but did a fair bit better than my internal lol.

As for marks, lol my marks were so bad by bos standards. Just didn't do non last minute study, past papers etc. Tbh, my average mark at uni is actually higher than my average HSC mark. (just, both low 80s)

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

I'm going to move this discussion to HSC section now. Doubt it was bribery, more likely an error in report ranks. Even assuming it was incorrect there was a chance English was too and english for eco was a good swap. My cohort ended up performing terribly in the exam anyway, thought I did pretty shit in the hsc but did a fair bit better than my internal lol.

As for marks, lol my marks were so bad by bos standards. Tbh, my average mark at uni is actually higher than my average HSC mark.
I didn't mean what your actual marks were lol, I meant did you have a mark to go with your assessment ranks or a mark for something else because you shouldn't be able to see those marks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I didn't mean what your actual marks were lol, I meant did you have a mark to go with your assessment ranks or a mark for something else because you shouldn't be able to see those marks
Oh no, just for trials. But I remember my eco teacher did have one lesson in the last couple of weeks where she reiterated all the weightings of the tasks and said if we came up with an overall mark she'd be able to confirm if it were right/close lol.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Oh no, just for trials. But I remember my eco teacher did have one lesson in the last couple of weeks where she reiterated all the weightings of the tasks and said if we came up with an overall mark she'd be able to confirm if it were right/close lol.
Haha good way to bend the rules

My chem teacher actually broke the rules lol, he showed his entire spreadsheet with our internal marks/ranks and everything

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

My chem teacher actually broke the rules lol, he showed his entire spreadsheet with our internal marks/ranks and everything
We already received our rankings lol. But the difference between school assessment marks were not given.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

We already received our rankings lol. But the difference between school assessment marks were not given.
Yeah rankings are allowed but not marks haha. I don't even know if my ranks were my trial ranks or over all ranks because some teachers put my trial ranks while others put my overall rank :L

Jimmy2064

HSC

gg reported to BoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)