Year 12 leavers, check this out (free Windows 8.1, Office 2013) (1 Viewer)

Renegader

HSC
Hey guys, I came across a site that looks pretty promising, check it out here: http://nsw.dec.onthehub.com

Apparently the DET is called the DEC now. But according to them, the site "...allows graduating NSW year 12 students to access software at no cost."

Then if you click on "start shopping" you can see you can add office 2013 and windows 8/8.1 w7 etc for free, as well as other products :eek:

The site is kinda screwed though, I just registered for it and hopefully they activate my account. For those having trouble finding what to do, go here to request an account: http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/Sup...s=9d31134a-0663-e111-8056-f04da23e67f6&vsro=8

It's pretty vague, but I think you should put the student number in the description as well as your det email?

(I just realised I seem like a bot advertising their site, lol)

yasminee96

HSC
Seems a little dodgy >< Because the NSW DEC website would be a .gov.au website wouldn't it? And can't seem to find it on the actual NSW DEC website..hmmm..

xer0

Sydney     ATAR Aim:   85+      Penis Size:  9001
HSC
Lol.

OP is right. I got a booklet from my TSO when my DET laptop was unlocked.
The booklet he gave every year 12 student had step by step instructions complemented with images.
This is word for word form the booklet, there are a lot of steps so I'll just quote the the first few steps
1. Firstly, you need to navigate to the website: http://nsw.dec.onthehub.com
2. If you don't have an account, select register. If you've already set up a Microsoft student account, go to step 6
I searched Google for the first two steps in hope of finding a PDF version of the booklet. I found a Word Document from a NSW high school that is the same as the booklet issued to me from my school web1.colyton-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=3288‎

I haven't went through the booklet yet, I plan to do so after my last exam.

EDIT: I just looked at my booklet and a few things are different. Mainly the screenshots and some of the text, but the web address is the same.

Last edited:

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Its legit lol. Btw I need to download a copy of windows 7 ultimate 64bit. If anyone's purchase is not expired, i'd appreciate a link or something (inbox pls).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Interesting, bot developers are getting more innovative.
Not really. If you look at the bots of the past......

On another note, the best bots can be found in Counter-Strike Condition Zero. The smartest and most innovative bots in a game.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Not really. If you look at the bots of the past......

On another note, the best bots can be found in Counter-Strike Condition Zero. The smartest and most innovative bots in a game.
It was a joke I know he's not a bot...

Renegader

HSC
Has anyone got it to work just by entering their student ID in the "student reference number" field?

Edit: seems like you have to get it verified first, so refer to the OP.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It was a joke I know he's not a bot...
I was joking to lol.

The bots in CS:CZ already covered it though.
You can't tell they are bots until you first person spectate, or repetitively hear the same radio commands.

Jimmy2064

HSC
This only for public schools? Has anyone dled from this site and it's worked?

Last edited:

Dementured

HSC
Has anyone actually got it to work? I put my student number in and it says it's not verified.

Jikky

HSC
Well shit, I figured I'd just hand in my laptop when signing out instead of keeping it since they are that terrible, but nope if only I knew that you could get a free copy of W8. *sigh*

Oh and for those entering your BoS student number, you're doing it wrong. It's your SRN, which can be found on the Lenovo itself, in that obnoxious body of text on the wallpaper.

Renegader

HSC
Jikky's right, you have to use the number you used in your trials (mine starts with 4 as opposed to my student number that starts with 2)

After that on the registration page you enter that number and it should direct you to a page where it directs you to a page to enter your email and yeah :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)