• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

year 12 physics does it come? (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
hii
does finding tensions in rope and strings and all that complicated structures come back in year 12 physics. It doesnt explicitly say on the syllabus dotpoints

also I would appreciate it if anyone could link me up to any thread that lists out what from year 11 comes in year 12 (if there is one) thanks

Last edited:

liamkk112

HSC
hii
does finding tensions in rope and strings and all that complicated structures come back in year 12 physics. It doesnt explicitly say on the syllabus dotpoints

also I would appreciate it if anyone could link me up to any thread that lists out what from year 11 comes in year 12 (if there is one) thanks
yes but not in as much detail. eg for circular motion there’s a classic question about swinging a rope on a string in a vertical and how tension can change at the bottom of the circle compared to the top, another one with horizontal spinning etc. so you will definetly need to know tension. however for those newtons 2nd law questions like a bunch of boxes connected by a rope or pulleys, they won’t ask about that. tension though, definetly will

liamkk112

HSC
hii

content that migrates is approximately this:

mod 1:
literally everything, except for arguably some relative motion applications, but this still needs to be known well for mod 7

mod 2:
essentially everything conceptually. however you basically don’t need to know about impulse (elastic and inelastic collisions will be terms that can be used though), and some of the newtons 2nd law applications aren’t there: however you still need to know most of them like inclined track and the like (essentially: can you draw a free body diagram)

mod 3:
wave equation, basic wave properties eg amplitude, period, superposition, longitudinal vs transverse etc, conceptually what reflection, refraction etc are (you don’t need to explicitly know snells law though), standing waves conceptually, thermodynamics conceptually (you really just need to know that heat energy exists lol)
so essentially, everything conceptually without the formulas, except for wave equation

mod 4:
everything but circuits

hopefully through, your teacher will remind you of what exactly some of the less super obvious concepts are, eg we went over diffraction and refraction again in way more detail in year 12 because it’s needed for one of the topics. just focus on the bigger ideas imo, like conservation of energy and newtons 2nd law, since half of the subject is essentially just applications of this in new ways

igor9

HSC
circuits still come up in exams like trials too, so best to know them and don't get caught out by them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)