Year 12 - Practice Exam Questions (1 Viewer)

schamoozlers

HSC
struggling. badly. im so dumb wen it comes to society and culture, my pip was crappest. and now i have my trial tomoz, freaking out. i have read thru the questions on here and i can answer most but the most simple things like 'explain the methodology Action research' i have nooooooooo idea about. Also im doing Vietnam for cont and change, and i know what to write for the future of it. its rather upsetting. any assistance that you can give me i will be eternally grateful for. thankz :D

cataleptic

HSC
Mustafa Mond said:
just wondering - can we actually be assessed on social and cultural litetracy? my book says no, it's just like what your supposed to achieve by doing the course, but I haven't actually looked at the sylabus to check this. Anyone got an opinion on this issue
I've had questions on it in my trial and half yearly. I had to describe an aspect/trait of a socially and culturally literate person, and then describe hoe it would help ethical research.

If you can remember this one, it's easy; use it (touch it up, I'm just doing this off the top of my head) :

- A socially and culturally literate person is able to show critical discernment towards the media, and consider bias or slants in information.

- This helps ethical research as it enables the individual to research effectively with awareness of bias and slants, hence they are able to select information suited to their need.

Or something like that. Just check over the syllabus diagram of it. Don't jmp down my throat everyone - I'm just going off a faint idea from the top of my head.

yoyo_87

HSC
I thought I would post up some of the questions from the CSSA 2005 trial for those who did the Independent trial this year.
It may be of help in studying for the society and culture HSC exam on thursday.

Section 1
Part A

1a) Explain the concepts of power and authority. (2 marks)
1b) Outline how the concepts of power and authority relate to decision making and participation in society. (4)

2a) What are the characteristics of a focus group. (2 marks )
2b) Outline a situation where a focus group would be an appropriate method of research. Justify the use of thnis methodology for the situation identified. (4 marks)

3a) Explain the concept of globalisation. (2 marks)
3b) Discuss how globalisation could be used to explain aspects of continuity and change. ( 4 marks )

Section 1
Part B
Answer the following with reference to the country you have studied.

4a) Outline ONE specific aspect of change on the nature of traditional society and culture in the country you have studied. ( 2 marks )
4b) Evaluate the impact of the change identified in part (a). ( 4 marks )
4c) Develop a hypothesis regarding the future of the selected country using EITHER scenario writing OR forecasting. ( 6 marks )

If any of you did the independant trial this year, i would love to know some of the questions asked in section 1! :cool:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you for your contribution to the Society and Culture forum, Yoyo_87.

Celiast

HSC
Re: Year 12 - Practice Exam Questions!!

Can someone please post the 2006 CSSA + answers!! Our teacher doesn't provide past papers and I reaaaaaally need more practice!!

lauren92

HSC
Re: Year 12 - Practice Exam Questions!!

I just feel so unprepared for tomorrow!

triviajeon

HSC
a) Evaluate continuity and change in relation to the belief system you have studied. In your answer refer to THREE of the following concepts:
-conflict
-hierarchy
-ideology
-myth
-globalisation
-philosophy.

OR

b) Analyse the impact of ONE belief system on the role of beliefs in peoples' lives. In your answer refer to acceptance and rejection of belief systems and the nature of power.
was looking for some more sac questions in 2021, this really helped a lot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)