year 12 (1 Viewer)

fgzz

HSC
also with math
when i learn something new i always tend to forget something i previously learnt ending up in a repeating cycle
what would i do to stop this for happening?

carrotsss

HSC
also with math
when i learn something new i always tend to forget something i previously learnt ending up in a repeating cycle
just keep consistently doing one or two questions a week

one thing my teacher recommends us to do (or sorta forced us to do through homework) is a question one day, one week and one month after you learn something to ensure it sticks with you

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
also with math
That used to happen to me which led to me forgetting Year 11 content. I started to look at how different topics link and then found out how I was covering various topics in one question.

Personally, once you realise how things come together, it's difficult to see them apart.

Not sure how it is for Extension Maths though.

Maths is not a subject you can memorise, it's through constant practice and revision, so it all comes back to papers, papers, papers!!!

carrotsss

HSC
alright thanks!!
that put my mind more at ease
but would my routine of
school 7:30-3
tutuoring 4:30-7:30
study 9:30-12:30
only on weekdays

should i cut down and sleep earlier and wake up earlier?
becasue i cut down on a lot of hobbies like gym and all that for year 12
that means you’re spending 6 hours a day studying after school including tutoring, that is way more than enough. I’d definitely cut down a lot on that and try to aim for 8+ hours of sleep, idk about other people but for me personally I found it much more effective to study on the weekends anyway because I was a lot less exhausted and more focused, and even if you move all of your study past 10 on weekdays to the weekends they would still not be too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)