Year 9 Visual Design (1 Viewer)

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
Currently, I'm in year 8. A couple of weeks ago, we chose our electives for years 9 & 10. Originally, I went with Japanese and Commerce, but after a last ditched attempt by my Art (and Tec) teacher to guilt-trip me into doing Visual Arts at p/t interviews, I compromised and switched Commerce with Visual Design at the last second.

Now, I have no clue whatsoever as to how many other schools offer this as an elective. From what I can make out, it seems to be pretty much a rebranded version of Tec, a subject I have thoroughly enjoyed this year. I've always kind of had an interest in design and whatnot, and part of the reason I switched was I (or, should I say, my parents) were worried I wouldn't have any "outlet for my creativity", to quote them directly.

I guess I'm just asking anyone who has done / is doing Visual Design: What's it like? Is it enjoyable? Similar to Tec or Art, or a mix of both, or nothing like either of them? What kind of work did you do? etc. Any insight would be highly appreciated.

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Visual Design is basically doing Art using softwares on the computer. I THINK (not 100% sure) that it is more 3D art like animation and stuff like that. You also use editing software. If you like technology and visual arts, you'll like it. Also, download the syllabus and read it, it'll give you a better idea of what's included. I can't whether it is enjoyable (because I haven't done it and it would be very bias) but yeah, check out the syllabus.

Mosski

HSC
I'm in year 11 right now and last year I did Visual Design, It was defiantly not 3D animation or really using computers at all. At least at my school we mostly talked about colours and their meanings as well as the aspects of design. We did use Photoshop a few times for assignments though

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
I'm in year 11 right now and last year I did Visual Design, It was defiantly not 3D animation or really using computers at all. At least at my school we mostly talked about colours and their meanings as well as the aspects of design. We did use Photoshop a few times for assignments though
It also depends on the school...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)