• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yearlies (1 Viewer)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
I've got my ext 1 and ancient exam on monday and our teacher hasn't given us any indication of what it could be like. Anyone know any sites????
I don't know any -- but the format is generally very similar to hsc ones, for ancient at least. I know that for ancient, our teacher uses the exact format used in the hsc -- so get hold of some hsc papers (particularly for the hsc question) -- you could even try writing yourself a question to suit the topic, and try doing that.

English shouldn't be too different, either. I guess it does depend on the format of your exam - your teacher should've told you that, neway..

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well I got 2/3 of my English back today. I got 15/20 and 10/20. I told you my Enlgish was bad. Although it puts me at about 18/40 position wise

Originally posted by pretty_princess
Hi all,
im new to this thing and i have been reading and whoa that xayma man is so smart. The modesty doesnt help lol.
Well i just got my exams back. I went well in some and so crap in others-
maths- 90%
ext maths 92%
Chemistry- 88%
Physics- 85%
Bio- 95%
ext english- 89%
and then there is he 65% for english.... damn english for being so hard.
Youv'e got very good marks why are you saying Im so smart. If its my rankings it isnt that special its a public school.

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
omg .... "ONLY".. u make getting a distinction is like opening an eye.. i'd be happy for a damn credit...
Well so far in my High School carrer (not counting Primary school cause there all distinctions)

I have gotten:
  • 6 High Distinctions (3 Chem, 3 Geog)
  • 10 Distinctions (1 chem, 5 science, 1 maths)
  • 1 credit (1 English)
  • 1 participation (*shudders* English)

*Xayma's head inflates 5 fold*

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Well so far in my High School carrer (not counting Primary school cause there all distinctions)

I have gotten:

...yadayada
Hmm, and i think the king of modesty hath descended upon BOS.
Hmm, and now meknows.

Btw, this thread oughta be renamed "the official brag thread" :D

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
lol yeah, anyways to get back on track i had my ext eng exam today. anyone else do the arthurian legend? i cant believe all the time we spent on it and now its all over. soo disappointing

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iyamahobbit
Hmm, and now meknows.
Btw, this thread oughta be renamed "the official brag thread" :D
Sorry bout going off track there, I didn't mean to boast orginally. But I had no idea that my marks were good compared to the state. Looking through the old UAI threads made me think that my marks were pretty ordinary. So people saying my results are good kinda inflated my ego about 50 times.

Last edited:

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
lol yeah, anyways to get back on track i had my ext eng exam today. anyone else do the arthurian legend? i cant believe all the time we spent on it and now its all over. soo disappointing
Arthurian legend? That sounds like fun... :)
Anyway, hi frodo, good to see another hobbit round here :D

Xayma - nah, don't apologise, i've been conditioned to bragging, i find it pretty amusing most of the times. LIke when my friends complain "oh no! I screwed _(insertsubject)__... i only got 98%!"

So ya, i'd say i'm used to it :D

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iyamahobbit
Anyway, hi frodo, good to see another hobbit round here :D
If your a hobbit why is your avatar Eoywen (sp?), a Rohininan (sp?). Just nitpicking :) . There is plenty of female hobbits like Rosie.

Last edited:

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah thats true but i dont think they look as good. arwen was supposed to be in my sig but i couldnt get it up and running :(

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
There is plenty of female hobbits like Rosie.
Not really, actually - i mean, there are lots of hobbits with minor roles... but anyway, Eowyn's there cos she's cool :)

But still, i-yam-a-hobbit :D

Anyway, methinks this is offtopic ^____^

sexkitten

Originally posted by kimmeh
yeah we have 3 physics classes

OMG

someone is damn smart ! :chainsaw:

i though that u could only do senoir science by itself and none of the other sciences.... like its either senoirn sceince or nothing.. hmm i think u should keeep chem and physics... u might improve.. but if u feeel that ur not going to work or be lazy next year.. then pick snr science... obviuosly... phys and chem have better scaling..
i'm just scared that i'll screw up my HSC just coz i take the chance wth both chem n phy...i want to drop either 1 of them...but which 1 should i drop??? :apig::apig: :apig: :apig: :apig:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well I got my English results back today :( 60%, although my ranking will hurt. Now the problem wll be improving it for next year so I can get a UAI over 95.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by sexkitten
i'm just scared that i'll screw up my HSC just coz i take the chance wth both chem n phy...i want to drop either 1 of them...but which 1 should i drop??? :apig::apig: :apig: :apig: :apig:
which ever you think is harder or one u think u will lose interest in

Budhima

Here are my results. Physics, Eng Ad, Maths 2u have not been marked

Chem: 88%
Bio: 99%
Maths X1: 94%
Eng EXt (Major Peice): 33% --> Damn I hate english

Im aiming for a UAI of over 95, but Il doubt I'd get it. if I get 95, then Im guaranteed a place in any course, except the ones where you have to do additional stuff such as Medecine, with the UMAT and such...

Because our school is rural, we get an additional 5 marks towards the U.A.I, which is awesome...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Budhima
Because our school is rural, we get an additional 5 marks towards the U.A.I, which is awesome...
So what if you get a UAI of 98?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i cud NOT live in a rural area... ever ... i cant live without my city + burwood outings everyweek

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
What exactley qualifies for a rural school? *Xayma moves 35km to a rural school* I think were regional damn.

Budhima

Well firstly u gotta be 100 km from a regional centre, such as Dubbo, Canberra etc. I don't really know the rest. Anyways I got a few mark updates

English Extension:
Part 1: 8%
Part 2: 36%
Overall 22%
Position: Equal last... Damn I h8 Eng...

Adv Eng: section 1
14/15
Section 2 and three have not been marked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)