• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yo...Anyone here from Baulko (Yr12) 2004? (2 Viewers)

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wrx
lol does anyone like their teachers/
Baulko has a bad rep for their teachers, esp that English teacher who ran off with one of his students :(

It's great though how the students still kick ass/arse, kinda proves that fab teachers are not 100% necessary to do well in the hsc

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
bullshit baulko has a bad rep for teachers

all my teachers were great last year

well most

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by LaraB
[Bdeaj voux - what teacha's did u have? coz no way are all the teacher's shit...

[/B]
I know not all teachers are bad, some of the teachers are awesome, like my maths teacher, but others e.g. chin, KP, and mrs taylor last year..well, they're hopeless.

And I agree, you can't judge a school, or the teaching capabilities of the teachers at a school, by the wrong doings of one man.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by wrx
lol does anyone like their teachers/
I do. I reckon to find the best school what you should do is look through the non-selctive high schools and find one with 10%+ band 6's because that obviously means that their teaching is good and its not because they select their students.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by Calculon
I do. I reckon to find the best school what you should do is look through the non-selctive high schools and find one with 10%+ band 6's because that obviously means that their teaching is good and its not because they select their students.
Thats a nice strategy... but I dont think itll work
Good teachers tend to move around alot, and by the time you reach yr 12 when it really counts, chances are they're gone.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Thats a nice strategy... but I dont think itll work
Good teachers tend to move around alot, and by the time you reach yr 12 when it really counts, chances are they're gone.
It worked for me, now I got heaps good teachers for almost all my subjects.

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeh well

the mad teachers in my school started leaving ever since the new principal came

now seftons a shithole
the vast majority of the teachers there are crap or newbie.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by LaraB
id just like 2 say - bullshit

I'm at baulko and its got nothing 2 do with selectin out da best students in da state....
That makes no sense, why do selective schools perform better? Because they select their students:p - obviously they are smarter and/or work harder. This is then enhanced by the environment: (as you mentioned) more competition, teachers that believe in their students potentials - higher expectations --> higher results.
The main aspect that differentiates selective and comprehensive schools is the quality of the students. I think elite private schools (Kings, Grammar etc.) have better teachers, resources etc. The one thing that the private schools lack is the top students in the state, if they had them they would definitely top everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)