You Aye Eye. estimate meh!! (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
lol my msn? what for?

If you can get the high 80s in the subjects you have described, then i believe there will be people getting in the 90s for the other lower scaling subjects...

P

pLuvia

If you were to get those marks as your HSC MARK, then your rankings have already been taken into so your rankings are independent of what UAI you are going to get.

IF you were going to get those marks, then you could probably get a UAI of 90+ maybe not whatever you were aiming for

Your ranking overall will be determined by your UAI, not your overall internal rank

runnable

HSC
pLuvia said:
If you were to get those marks as your HSC MARK, then your rankings have already been taken into so your rankings are independent of what UAI you are going to get.

IF you were going to get those marks, then you could probably get a UAI of 90+ maybe not whatever you were aiming for

Your ranking overall will be determined by your UAI, not your overall internal rank
But his internal rankings shows his position in his year group. And his year group is not of high calibre. So chances are that he will not get the high band 5 and 6s in external, even less so for aligned internal marks.

ccc123

HSC
syriangabsta said:
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
^_^

I would like a uai estimate!

Ummmmmm
I got no idea what position our school is at so :S:S:S

but here are my marks...i will improve for my finals! !!

Adv Math - 2/10 ? or something......83%
Ext Math - 3/4 -_-.... 68%
Bio - 2/ Twenty something? 89%
Chem - 3 or 4? / 7 or 8? 89%
Physics 3 or 4? / 6 71%
English T____________T 11/thirty something... 62%

Why waste your time when no one can give you a definative estimate? Obviously, to achieve your goal, you have to improve your ranks and perform well in the externals, so just study. Common sense.

runnable

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Arguing with a guy who's already done the HSC isn't a good idea.
Wor really? But i wasnt arguing, i was just rephrasing his words so the person can understand. I wasnt saying he was wrong, he was just answering the wrong thing.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^What they are basically saying is that if you come first in the year, the top external mark (i.e. HSC mark) from your cohort will be your internal mark. Your internal mark is moderated to that. Let's say you got 80 and came first in the year and you get 90 as your HSC mark which also happened to be the top external mark from your cohort. Then this 90 will be come both your internal & external.

runnable

HSC
lyounamu said:
^What they are basically saying is that if you come first in the year, the top external mark (i.e. HSC mark) from your cohort will be your internal mark. Your internal mark is moderated to that. Let's say you got 80 and came first in the year and you get 90 as your HSC mark which also happened to be the top external mark from your cohort. Then this 90 will be come both your internal & external.
Hes got the right idea.

Looking at you mark/rankings, i think its low 70s, maybe sub-70 if the ranking of the school is lower than i think.

runnable

HSC
Yea i think you're right. The UAI should be more like in the 60s... cuz of your marks. Your rank is not good enough to justify a low mark. Eg if you are first and you got 62%, then thats no problem... you just have to smash externals and can do really well...

But yours is not the case.

runnable

HSC
knguy3n said:
oh wait so if for example what marks do they take into account for the determination of the uai?

They take your best ten units to form an aggregate mark, which is then ranked with the state, then the UAI.

HSC
knguy3n said:
hey there
ive beeen reading so many forums to find out how the uai is determined im getting answers which seem to help, but then when i think about it. it makes no sense.
if someone could clarify this for me.
you know. how they say even if you get bad marks around 60s-80s max. but your rank is good. say for example 1st. then youd be okay for uai..
but then again. for example if i get 60 but ranked 1st.then my hsc mark is 60? even if moderated? thats what some forum stated.
and if i get 60 for hsc. mark. then for uai . will i get a crap uai because of the bad hsc mark? im so lost.

anyways im just scred my uai will be less than 70. but looks lke it is. im hoping to get 80. but looks impossible from the answrs being given.

my marks

Eng standard - (1st assessment = 60%) (2nd assessment = 62%)
- Rank unsure but last year i was ranked 12/130 students

Maths 2U advanced - (1st assessment= 71%) (2nd assessment= 55%)
- Rank - my rank for 2nd assessment is 18/30 students approx

Biology - (had alot of assessments including prac reports, so in avg approx 78%
- Rank - Unsurefor now, but last year i got 28/60

Textiles & design - (1st assessment= 70%) (2nd assessment=64%)
- Rank- i think equal 6/10

IPT - (1st assessment= 70%) (2nd assessment= 61%)
Rank - ( 6/21 - from 2nd assessment)

Weightngs of each assessment were ranging from 5-10% except for 2nd math assessment which was 30%
what rank is your school?

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
syriangabsta said:
Oh and, i dont think coming 1st in most subjects will happen...

Theres this girl she like wtfbbqpwns everyone, so if anything, i can come 2nd in like nearly every subject..except english
Haha. Try your best (which includes attempting to destroy her), and I assure you, beating the so called 'intelligent' person at your school is extremely amusing.

runnable

HSC
knguy3n said:
um. im not sure. im from CECIL HILLS HIGH SCHOOL.
i went on some forum on here on "school ranking by region" and it had this

FOR 2006 or 2007?
475. Cecil Hills High School 21 158 813 2.58% 21 903 2%

so yeah hope that helped. haha.
Well with 21 Credits... and your ranking... you will be lucky to get 1 of those 21 ;) So work harder to get those ranks up and kill the externals. Right now you are looking at low-mid 80s. And those "last year" ranks dun count ;) Try to get this year's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)