You know you've been doing too much maths when... (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Your favorite joke is:
"How did the mathematician pick his nose?
He worked it out with a pencil and paper"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Just.Snaz said:
- You reach out for the calculator to change the song you're listening to on your ipod..

- You watch the Olympic divers and wonder at what velocity, acceleration and air resistance they're experiencing..

- Your notes for all your other subjects start having plus, minus, therefore and equal signs..

- You attempt to work out the probability of eating a sultana in a spoonful of cereal..

Anyone else experiencing something similar? :cold:

EDIT: (I still love maths! <3)
Nah. I do a little bit of maths now and then but I never experience those kinds of dillema...may be I am just werid, lol.

Just.Snaz

HSC
3unitz said:
i once stayed up for days working on my own random math queries. did nothing at school but my maths. even wrote equations all over blackboards in class rooms. oh where has my passion gone :(
aww yeah.. i have my english trial on friday... i do maths in my study breaks :shy:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Just.Snaz said:
- You reach out for the calculator to change the song you're listening to on your ipod..

- You watch the Olympic divers and wonder at what velocity, acceleration and air resistance they're experiencing..

- Your notes for all your other subjects start having plus, minus, therefore and equal signs..

- You attempt to work out the probability of eating a sultana in a spoonful of cereal..
true :bomb:

Just.Snaz

HSC
3unitz said:
good to see you have your priorities right. what kinda math you into? :eek:
well I do 4 unit but I must admit, 3 unit is so much better. My favourite topic in 4 unit is actually harder 3 unit :p

But I guess when you do 4 unit, 3 unit tends to be much easier..

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
When you memorised the number pi when it comes on the calculator.

henry08

HSC
N/A
What rude word is +AFE supposed to be?

You know Fermats last theorm proof off by heart.

iNomes

HSC
ChockoRepublic said:
When you start to play games on your calculator in your free time.

I think I have spelt my name so many times in my calculator the buttons have worn out.

wLym

HSC
When you hate maths as much as I do you know youve done too much, and i havent even done that much.... Maths 4u </3 =(

Sharkeh

HSC
3unitz said:
just a normal derivative for functions with more than one variable, you just treat the other variables as constants
When you answer a genuine maths question on a thread complaining about doing too much maths...

And Ext General Maths??? Sign me up!

Side note: I use + instead of 'and'

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If you do too much maths, you start dreaming about other subject like English which is entirely opposite to maths when it comes to contents.

I dreamed about coming first in English Extension 2, lol.

eddy11

HSC
you recall all your trig formula and other equations with more ease then your phone number.

you have a strange and empty feeling inside when you have a day where maths isn't time tabled.

you start to address short answer questions in other subjects similar to a circle geometry proof or mathematical induction, statemet --> reason --> statement --> reason --> conclude

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
you begin to use maths metaphors in creative writing, or being to wax rhapsodic about maths in creative writing itself

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: You know you've been doing too much maths when...

gouge.away said:
you begin to use maths metaphors in creative writing, or being to wax rhapsodic about maths in creative writing itself
i am so going to do this in an english paper.

"John's attempt at success was like a vertical assymptote, even though as his effort approached infinite, he could not quite touch the line x = success"

Iruka

HSC
N/A
You learn about icosahedral viruses and think "yes of course, that's obvious. It's a platonic solid, after all."

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: You know you've been doing too much maths when...

tommykins said:
"John's attempt at success was like a vertical assymptote, even though as his effort approached infinite, he could not quite touch the line x = success"
Lol !

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
gouge.away said:
lol. When I was writing my english AOS story for my half yearlys, I had a mind blank and couldnt think of the word "oval" so had to use "ellipse" instead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)