• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Young Liberal / Young Labor (2 Viewers)

K

katie_tully

Schroedinger said:
Federal Govt. didn't do anything. It was all done by the states, who interestingly, have already apologised formally and offered compensation...
I'm confused about what we're saying sorry for. Is it just the Stolen Generation or is it Colonisation too.

Coz really I don't see why the British Government shouldn't be forced to apologise as well, considering we were British for the first 100 years or so.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
The government apologises and as a good gesture transfers a couple of billion to the Aboriginal community or leaves the government open to liability. Cashed up Aboriginals will lead to an increase in the demand for X driving up the price.

An apology is all part of Rudd's new plan to control inflation.

Why question him?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
You speek good England.
noun noun transient verb verb adverb noun conjunction

DOES THIS MAKE SENSUAL???

P

pen-el-ope

Captain Gh3y said:
They'd be even worse than cashed up bogans :eek:
The racism in this discussion is gross.
Thankfully none of you will be able to make the decision.
Grow up.
Oh and...
Labor all the way!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pen-el-ope said:
Grow up.
Oh and...
Labor all the way!
Cashed up bogans are a race? Cool.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
pen-el-ope said:
Grow up.
Oh and...
Labor all the way!
Are you a racial minority or just a nigger/monkey enabler?

P

pen-el-ope

ari89 said:
Cashed up bogans are a race? Cool.
Obviously not. However the Indigneous popluation of Australia are and it was them to who i was referring....woops (quoted the wrong persons post)

However, comparing Aboriginals to 'cashed up bogans'....is rather offensive and just as racist.

P

pen-el-ope

dieburndie said:
No. Just someone with a brain and a social conscience.
Sorry.

K

katie_tully

pen-el-ope said:
No. Just someone with a brain and a social conscience.
Sorry.
Whoa man, does that make the rest of us an anomaly?

YOU GAYS ARE TYPING WITH NO BRAIN! CALL DARWIN!

UnleavenedBread

HSC
dieburndie said:
We agree about non-whites then.
Just because they have to be told what's good for them does not make them inferior. Once I saw an Aboriginal tie his own shoelace (and yes, he even owned the shoes).

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Schroedinger said:
S

Sssseriously though who gives a shit about Aboriginies, there's like 15 left and they'll all be dead because Australia's population is aging, and we all know Abos aren't too good at that.
UnleavenedBread said:
Just because they have to be told what's good for them does not make them inferior. Once I saw an Aboriginal tie his own shoelace (and yes, he even owned the shoes).
dieburndie said:
Musk said:
Abbos are looking into more ways for money

Its a win for the booze & Oil industry

EDIT: Nolan reminded me the significance petrol is to abos
Schroedinger said:
Abos are asking for more money because petrol will be over $1.50 a litre by next week.

can i just say that i am absolutely disgusted by the rascism in this discussion.
i joined this because i thought it would be a discussion by intelligent people about politics, but it has descended into personal attacks, swearing, very little policy discussion and recently appalling rascism.
i was mistaken into thinking that most people in my country actually had more than half a brain and were able to look beyond the ignorant stereotypes and appreciate the history being created in front of their eyes.
you are the kinds of people i read in history books and shake my head, thinking 'but how could they possibly think that? how could they have so little clue about what was happening?'
disappointing.
now, i have very little doubt that i will now be the target of personal slurs, but honestly i don't care

K

katie_tully

evry1getscrewed said:
can i just say that i am absolutely disgusted by the rascism in this discussion.
i joined this because i thought it would be a discussion by intelligent people about politics, but it has descended into personal attacks, swearing, very little policy discussion and recently appalling rascism.
i was mistaken into thinking that most people in my country actually had more than half a brain and were able to look beyond the ignorant stereotypes and appreciate the history being created in front of their eyes.
you are the kinds of people i read in history books and shake my head, thinking 'but how could they possibly think that? how could they have so little clue about what was happening?'
disappointing.
now, i have very little doubt that i will now be the target of personal slurs, but honestly i don't care
Dan will be pleased to know you read about him in a History book.

It would feed his narcissistic tendencies.

Gay Captain

HSC
evry1getscrewed said:
disappointing.
It's a topic about Young Liberal and Labor, isn't that perfectly appropriate? :D

James Bluntus

HSC
There possibly already exists a thread dedicated to this, but I wasn't searching through 50 odd pages to find it (Sorry!)

Just wondering if anyone is a member of Young Libs or Young Labour and what they get up to in relation to it.

I joined Young Libs recently and went to a function at McMahons point just to meet some people and stuff, was great met Tony Abbot and Greg Smith and heard them give talks. Was great to meet a bunch of young people actually interested in politics and actually intelligently involved (rather than screaming abuse at people in forums with no concrete solutions!)

Currently in Rural NSW so fairly little I can really so to get involved but hope to go to USyd or UNSW next year and start to get involved then.

I kinda find it annoying when people bitch about political issues without ever doing anything about them

So yeah, just wondering.

Yeah I am a Young Labor. Campaigned at the last 2 elections (Federal and NSW) for the Labor party, however, I haven't handed HTV's out for YL. Only for the local campaign. I went up to Cessnock during the NSW election and campaigned for Clayton Barr our candidate up there. Had a great time and met some great people. I also went to a Young Labor Left conference down in Sydney where I made a speech on Centre Link payments and they should be indexed to the CPI. It passed Unanimously. I've also participated in teleconferences.

Its great. I wouldn't have it any other way. I could have been a moderate in the Liberal party but I find the Libs can be over the top with Negativity at times.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
so you're basically saying that the Labor and Liberal party are the same thing except that you wanted to make friends with nicer people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)