young writer's showcase 2007 (1 Viewer)

mad-triste

HSC
I got 49 in the end, and my UAI was 96.3, which gets me what I want. So I'm happy.

himmy6996

HSC
yeh same here, 49 - internal was a 47. I reckon they shouldnt have internal for ext 2 - it tests nothing really, and unlike other subjects, u cant smash ext 2 with good exam techers and cramming.

i got 99.65 which was just enough for usyd law combined so yeh, i was happy too.

maxxbwylde

HSC
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not the content of the showcase for 2007 has been finalised yet and if anyone knows if they're actually in? If you've been nominated but don't actually get in do you get notification so you can stop wondering?
Thanks.

himmy6996

HSC
pretty sure they let you know mid march if you get in - what was ur MW

maxxbwylde

HSC
I did a Critical Response that concluded that original thought doesn't exist. I used The Odyssey, Ulysses (James Joyce) and The Penelopiad to explore common ideas and themes throughout the whole history of literature.
You?

mad-triste

HSC
Got an email this afternoon this morning from Colette Batha letting me know that my major work didn't make it in, so it's likely that the actual notification for those who got in will be out at around the same time. Good luck, everyone!

Last edited:

bowloforanges

HSC
mad-triste said:
What medium was your work, bowloforanges?

(ps. I think we get told in March.)
Hi Mad-triste, to answer your question very belatedly, mine was a stage play. I just found out that it made it in! Woohoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)