Young Writers Showcase (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

shimmy&shine said:
hey guys,

I recieved a letter today saying that i got nominated for the consideration of being in the Young Writers Showcase 2006.

This time... NO KIDDING!! lol. :) I'm being serious.

I was going to open a new thread,but i thought that would be too showy-offy of me, haha, so yeah.I'm still in shock and very flattered.

Good luck to all of you.. YAY!!!!
Well done. :)

syera

HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
hey guys,

I recieved a letter today saying that i got nominated for the consideration of being in the Young Writers Showcase 2006.

This time... NO KIDDING!! lol. :) I'm being serious.

I was going to open a new thread,but i thought that would be too showy-offy of me, haha, so yeah.I'm still in shock and very flattered.

Good luck to all of you.. YAY!!!!
wow congratulations!!! thats reallly gooddd..
id really like to read ur major work (im doing ext 2) =] is it posted up in any of the threads???

shimmy&shine

HSC
thanks for your congrats.

I'm very happy to send it to anyone who specifically asks to read it and if it'll help them with their english ext 2 major works.

I'm also very open to any questions, like if you need any help and advice.

just pm me your email.

:)

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
i'm extremely jealous... but well done

ozebaseball

HSC
Howdy guys,

So i take it if your going to be in it they would have sent you a letter by now :( I just dont know the protocol. I got 50/50 for 4U but still no letter...

ozebaseball

HSC
So do i stand any chance or is basically all for naught? I find it a little odd that my work wasnt even shortlisted although it got 50.

J

jhakka

ozebaseball said:
So do i stand any chance or is basically all for naught? I find it a little odd that my work wasnt even shortlisted although it got 50.
A lot of people get 50. Not all of them get shortlisted.

If you haven't got the letter, I'd say you haven't got much of a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
Awesome! Congratulations to Shimmy&Shine! You are my hero =}

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
congrats shimmy and shine.

today i received an express post package from the BOS saying that i've been nominated for the showcase aswell. I'm really stoked!!! I did film.

just a question shimmy and shine. the letter says 'you will need to submit an electronic version of your video transcript and reflection statement as an MS Word Document or in an RTF format. Please fill in the attached form and RETURN IT WITH YOUR MAJOR WORK'

Does that mean i have to send them my MW again. I'm confused. they already have it.
i think i'll just send off the other stuff, and if they ask for it i'll send it. just thought it was a bit weird, that's all.

anyways...waititng with baiited breath for more info on BOSers being nominated for showcase. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

shimmy&shine

HSC
LottoX said:
Don't worry, it's to show a range of good answers, not always just the best. In fact, some people with 49 or 48 could be among those shortlisted for the showcase. Perhaps even shimmy didn't even get 50 (Though that's very doubtful). I only wish that my 49 would be included... Oh well, at least my goal of getting 4 units of maths and 4 units of english above 90 was fulfilled.
Congragulations on achieving your 90+ goals LottoX! I'd like to add that you can only get into the showcase with a 50 from what I've heard. But who trust hearsay anymore? :)

And yes I got 50, and even though i had an inkling, it was still a nice 'surprise'. I'm so happy that you got 49 Lotto! Thats an amazing achievment!

and ozebaseball, i know of couple of people who got 50 but didn't get a letter either. But getting 50/50 for 4U english is fantastic. so well done!

and lol, thanks flyingdown, you made me laugh, haha.

hazaar said:
congrats shimmy and shine.

today i received an express post package from the BOS saying that i've been nominated for the showcase aswell. I'm really stoked!!! I did film.

just a question shimmy and shine. the letter says 'you will need to submit an electronic version of your video transcript and reflection statement as an MS Word Document or in an RTF format. Please fill in the attached form and RETURN IT WITH YOUR MAJOR WORK'

Does that mean i have to send them my MW again. I'm confused. they already have it.
i think i'll just send off the other stuff, and if they ask for it i'll send it. just thought it was a bit weird, that's all.

anyways...waititng with baiited breath for more info on BOSers being nominated for showcase. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!
Congragulations to you!

Well done on getting nominated as well, i just can't believe they are still sending letters out now cause i got mine more than a fornight a go. that's good news for some, because you could still be getting a letter. yay!

to answer your question, you should have recieved a form where it says 'please tick ONE box', so tick the box that is either you are sending it my email, or sending it by post (in the end, you are sending electronic versions of your major work to BoS). so YES, send it over, they need another copy of it. just do exactly what the letter says

princesskt

HSC
it would suck hey.. id love to be in the Showcase book! ive had a few things published before actually but yeh.. oh well.. we cant win em all hey.. which sux lol.. but congrats to everyone!!! u all did SO well!

broken_jukebox

HSC
Anyone got into 2006 Showcase yet?

Hey all:
Anyone got into 2006 Showcase yet?

Last yr, the announcement was made just right after the exams or so that's when my letter came. I spoke to others and one said she got it even before the exams began because Ext 2 major works are marked before the Journeys Area of Study exam is sat.

Kaifresh

HSC
Yes! The guy I mentored just got his letter, he did performance poetry in the same way I did last year. That's showcase for members of my band two years in a row, plus his project is much better quality than mine was since my abilities at recording and mixing have improved substantially. This is fucking excellent. I'm thinking of hiring my home studio out to next years students.

- Woops, it looks like he was signed in. This was meant to be from my account, Phatchance.

Last edited:

prishika

HSC
i got a letter! yay :)

hmm i was confused about how they rank us as well...but i read that they also consider how u did in ur other english subjects, as well as ur assessment average.

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!!!!!!!!
I'M NOMINATED!!!! YAY!!!!!! I actually got the letter yesterday by express post, included in which was a form that basically asked permission to publish ur work... they also ask for an electronic copy of your major work and reflection statement... also they give an express post reply envelope -

also, interesting to note was that the envelopes were HAND WRITTEN - which means there wasn't a mass amount of nominations! i feel so honoured receiving hand written envelopes haha

I went to show my teachers today the letter and they went absolutely hysterical!!! hugs and kisses did abound as well as shrieks :D

ozebaseball

HSC
:( I am going to sit by mail box and wait, wait, wait and hope that something shows up in the next couple of days. We get slow post around here.

Edit: So is there anyone out there that got 50 but has not been shortlisted?

Last edited:

prishika

HSC
Question for all the ppl who have been nominated: are u sending the electronic copy by email or on a usb or something?

I sent mine via email and i got a reply that said

"I will be out of the office starting 22/12/2006 and will not return until
15/01/2007.

I will respond to your message when I return."

errrrrr i hope this doesnt stuff anything up :S :S :S

ozebaseball

HSC
How many people who were shortlisted did critcial and if so what did you guys write about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)