• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

your 2007 uni courses (2 Viewers)

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Aye sando, all bachelor of commerce and bachelor of business degrees at UoW are 82. I know because I considered that option upon recommendation, but Wollongong is way too shire for me to assimilate ;).

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Bookie said:
I liked it when Custom status was available. then they changed it, and I was stuck with tigers 30 - 0 sharks.
I think you should have Custom Status Bookie, you've been here more than 200 days right?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah 9 months is quite a while, that's like 270 days man. 2k posts seems easier :D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Bookie said:
Bookie - 1795 real posts, 641 NS posts = 2437 posts.

I'm getting a life.
Where are most of the 1795 real posts posted?
...in the maths extension 2 section??

(you do the counting)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Back to the topic of preferred uni choices...

...engineering, science, law, economics or arts... i don't know
i'm undecided with my head above the clouds and my legs below them not on the ground..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
*sighz* stil deciding as always ..

first choice is do something in history, preferably ancient but the problem is if i can find a job afterwards.

other is something in commerce, but most of the required UAI's are too high for my standards

so yeah i have no clue really >< "

xxxx8888

HSC
Riviet said:
Whoah 9 months is quite a while, that's like 270 days man. 2k posts seems easier :D
not to me...lol. it'll take me years before i get 2000 posts.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol, i post alot so 2k posts would be faster for me :D
Back on topic: I'm assuming everyone's referring to the requirements for '06 courses right? Because i believe that any course uai requirement is subject to change, or are they set for '07 already?

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
Riviet said:
Lol, i post alot so 2k posts would be faster for me :D
Back on topic: I'm assuming everyone's referring to the requirements for '06 courses right? Because i believe that any course uai requirement is subject to change, or are they set for '07 already?
They are subject to change. The cut-ogffs in the 2006 UAC guide were the cut-offs for 2005 first year uni students. Even the 2007 UAC guides only publish the 2006 cut-offs. They can't really predict the cut-offs for 2007. They are simply a guide.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
They can't really predict the cut-offs for 2007. They are simply a guide.
Exactly what i suspected. I guess there's still hope if there's a course that's just a little high to reach for in terms of uai, and im still not sure what i'm gonna pick. :D

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Bookie said:
Mate, I'd be lucky to have 3 posts in the MX2 forum.

Try the 1500 or so I have in sport.
Ha Ha. You're a big sports fan. I post more in the HSC and subject forums than anywhere else.
I'm a nerd.

By the way, your custom status thinggamajiggy that says.. Tigers 30-Sharks 0
Are you gonna have a more accurate scoreboard next year?

Guys, it looks like he will, so hang tight and stay tuned for Bookie's up to the microsecond footy results..yayy

Bookie

Banned
HSC
No, it was a pre-match prediction. Becauyse the Sharks suck and they never win a game. They ended up losing 46-6 that week. I can just leave it at 'executive member', but I think 'Tigers 30 - 0 Sharks' is much more hilarious.

tenille said:
They are subject to change. The cut-ogffs in the 2006 UAC guide were the cut-offs for 2005 first year uni students. Even the 2007 UAC guides only publish the 2006 cut-offs. They can't really predict the cut-offs for 2007. They are simply a guide.
So when do we find out the cut offs for 2007 entry - or will they change it late next year based on demand?

tennille

HSC
You'll never find the actual cut-offs for 2007 until you get offered one of your uni preferences. The cut-offs you'll see in the 2007 UAC guide are the cut-offs for 2006 (so the cut-offs for the 2005 HSC students).

The cut-offs in the 2007 UAC will change depending on demand and whether they increase the amount of students doing each course.

So to sum it up: The 2007 UAC guide will show the course cut-offs for the 2005 HSC students (2006 uni students), and are simply a guide for the 2006 HSC students who are willing to go to uni in 2007. Think of it this way; UAC can't predict the cut-offs for 2007. When you are given your UAC guide next year, they are the cut-offs for that year. The 2007 uni cut-offs will be determined by year 12 2006.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
kadlil said:
What are your preferred/dream uni courses? Include UAI cut offs and order of wanting to do it.

Mine are

2 Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) 98.85
1 Bachelor of Science (Advanced) 96.4
4 Bachelor of Medical Science (First year entry) 93
3 Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics) 91.3
5 Bachelor of Combined Science and Arts 83.4
6 Bachelor of Arts 83.00
7 Bachelor of Science 81.00
Apparently BA(adv) is shit, and it basically makes you work harder for the same BA (no adv printed on transcript) at the end.

tennille

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
Apparently BA(adv) is shit, and it basically makes you work harder for the same BA (no adv printed on transcript) at the end.
I heard that the only difference is that you can accelerate your degree (ie. do second year subjects in first year). I always thought there were advanced subjects like BSc (adv).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)