Your contribution towards maths (1 Viewer)

MathsTutorz

HSC
N/A
How much do you spend on each maths (in terms of percentage/hour of your whole study time/maths study time):

1. 4 unit maths
  2. 3 unit maths
  3. 2 unit maths

Example:

1. 4 unit maths = 1 hour = 20 % of my whole study time = 50% of my maths study time
2. 3 unit maths = 1 hour = 20 % of my whole study time = 50% of my maths study time
3. 2 unit maths = 0 hour

If you cannot provide concrete data, can you just make a rough estimate?

Thanks for the help guys.

BTW, it will be really appreciated if you could follow the above format but if you canont be bothered, it's okay. Thanks again.

Last edited:

shantu1992

HSC
MathsTutorz said:
How much do you spend on each maths (in terms of percentage/hour of your whole study time/maths study time):

1. 4 unit maths
  2. 3 unit maths
  3. 2 unit maths
I need some data on that before I tutor anyone so that I can organise my tutoring sessions based on that.

Example:

1. 4 unit maths = 1 hour = 20 % of my whole study time = 50% of my maths study time
2. 3 unit maths = 1 hour = 20 % of my whole study time = 50% of my maths study time
3. 2 unit maths = 0 hour

If you cannot provide concrete data, can you just make a rough estimate?

Thanks for the help guys.

BTW, it will be really appreciated if you could follow the above format but if you canont be bothered, it's okay. Thanks again.

youd sorta spend more time on 4 unit ... as its much harder and concepts are harder to grasp .. but seee... the problem is most 4 unti topics overlap 3 unit topics for example integration, polynomials etc etc ... so youll have to know the 3 unit stuff to do the 4 unit stuff
butttt id say 10 hours each day to each :L

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
shantu1992 said:
youd sorta spend more time on 4 unit ... as its much harder and concepts are harder to grasp .. but seee... the problem is most 4 unti topics overlap 3 unit topics for example integration, polynomials etc etc ... so youll have to know the 3 unit stuff to do the 4 unit stuff
For success in 3 unit and 4 unit, do you need to be a pro in 2 unit?

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Umm... These days, I don't spend much time on maths. But I did spend a lot in yr10 and 11 and finished 4u maths curriculum myself (solving most of fitzpatrick problems and all questions in cambridge except further questions and specimen papers) b4 the beginning of yr12. (doesn't mean I'm prefectly confident with maths... still to slow at solving)

now, 4u study time=10%probably=not much... can't measure since it's so random
3u study time=almost 0(prob 0.5% since i do look at stuff a little bit b4 tests?)
2u study time=perfectly 0

Last edited:

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
10 Hours a day? Are you kidding? lol.

Last year I did probably about an hour of maths outside of classes at the most, per day. And the vast majority of that was 4 unit. When I was studying 3 unit, I only studied what I didn't get in class. When I studied 4 unit, I studied pretty much everything. I'd say probably 80% of my maths on four unit, 20% on 3/2 unit. Which was about the same overall, except that I also did some study for Physics as well as the maths. I regret not studying more for Chemistry, but I wasn't as motivated as I was for maths/physics. Anyway, sorry for the convolution. Hope I helped :)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Dragonmaster262 said:
You need to be pretty good at it, and understand most if not all of the concepts. Things like algerbraic manipulation and index laws you should have definately downpat, and if you don't, you definately should get them downpat.

shantu1992

HSC
Dragonmaster262 said:
yeah you would have to have to be pro in 2 unit i would say
and also have a really strong algebra base..
alot of it in 3 unit and 4unit
youd have to know algebra and what to do just like that
and anyways 2 unit isnt that hard..
for most people..
just practice and pratice and youll be good

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
shantu1992 said:
yeah you would have to have to be pro in 2 unit i would say
and also have a really strong algebra base..
alot of it in 3 unit and 4unit
youd have to know algebra and what to do just like that
and anyways 2 unit isnt that hard..
for most people..
just practice and pratice and youll be good
My school supplies us with Maths in Focus for 2 unit. Is that suffice? Or should I get a harder book?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
4 unit = 50% = 1 hour
3 unit = 50% = 1 hour

Should I do more?

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Namu, weren't you that genius who got a state ranking in 2 and 3 unit maths last year? Dude you can just chillax for a while. You won't have any problems at all.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Js^-1 said:
Namu, weren't you that genius who got a state ranking in 2 and 3 unit maths last year? Dude you can just chillax for a while. You won't have any problems at all.
state rank for 2 unit but no state rank for 3 unit.

dp624

HSC
3. 2 unit maths = 0 hour

Sounds about right for me last year

sirfeathers

HSC
i did 4U alone last year, with 7 other units, it probably took up about 25-30% of my study time

shady145

Banned
HSC
4u=60% of maths study
3u=40% of maths study

i dnt really have a percentage for overall study.

shantu1992

HSC
Dragonmaster262 said:
My school supplies us with Maths in Focus for 2 unit. Is that suffice? Or should I get a harder book?
its got good explanations but all soooo easy
i mean do those questions in maths in focus to create a base
then hit cambridge and fitzy n all theeeem
no point of doing easy questions really :S
you learn more off the hard ones
no point of practicing what you already know

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
shantu1992 said:
10 hours?:bomb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)