• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your Fav TV shows (1 Viewer)

stellar

I like comedy shows most, so
The Simpsons, the Secret Life of Us, Seinfeld and New Dimensions with George Negus.

Yeah, they aren't all comedies though :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd
i don't like jimmy much! i don't like that new girl either hehe the one that when she first came 'i'm pretty and i'm smart' blahblah. SOOO NOT THE CASE! lol.
I find Jimmy a little irritating too!! As for the new girl, that's Jamie. I think there is a lot of potential for her character to develop. My favourite characters are probably Eleanor and Lindsay.

Is it just me or do you think that there seems to be something going on between Helen and the nut case prosecutor (Ken, I think)? I just have a feeling that something's gonna happen between them. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
The worst tv shows for me are:

- any reality tv show (mainly BB, gawd how i hate that show)
- Aussie drama
Aussie dramas are okay from time to time but mainly they suck!

As for reality TV show, I totally agree with you! I don't understand why people can stand BB. No offence to those who likes it but what is it that we are supposed to be watching? it lacks intelligence and meaning. it degrades our society:eek:

Huy

HSC
N/A
smallville
gilmore girls
once and again
now and again
party of five
time of your life
-- based on sarah reeves' character (bailey's girl from party of 5)

enterprise

buffy
angel

oldie4Lorelai

To the 'fried-egg' person above, a synopsis of '24' ( which is ended now anyway, for the time being, less theres another sequel)

'24' in both of its series concerns some major dire terrorist threat which develops , involves, and then engulfs CTU(counter-terrorist unit) agent Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), and both times, his foxy but incredibly unlucky and accident-prone daughter, Kim.

First series revolved around an attempt by a Serbian group to assassinate President Palmer ( an African-american President has been elected in this future time) 2nd series its even worse with apparently middle-eastern terror networks smuggling a nuclear bomb into Los Angeles, which is planned to detonate inside 24 hours. Bauer in frequent personal contact with the president, races in 'real time' ( this means an hours program represents a true hours plot, not things which would take 6 hours or a week happening in 5 minutes program time, this is an innovative feature of the '24' concept) to thwart the plot, which becomes increasingly complicated with much more involvement by local forces in the dastardly plot than merely the usual middle-eastern suspects as first thought. Some of the Arabs suspected are innocent and become good guys, some of the Americans u trusted and never suspected turn out to be involved.Including persons very close to both the President, to Bauer, and his colleagues down at CTU who are monitoring Bauers progress and trying to assist him, hampered also by traitors and creepos within that organisation.

All this time Kim the foxy daughter stumbles from one dangerous situation and disaster to the next as well, Jack Bauer though out of contact with her for most of the show except by phone, has to worry about her problems as well, and she about her fathers. She is a real 'perils of Penelope', but she becomes smarter and tougher as the show progresses, and even starts kicking a little asse herself, which is ok.
Both times, though Bauer and his friends and helpers win, there is a last minute tragedy for the good guys.A huge one in the second series.

Its a good show, but you have to not miss any, and pay attention, and its a fast-ride. A lot of people get whacked, one by one, it pays not to get attached to many characters u like.

oldie4Lorelai

Favorite shows.

1.Sopranos
2.the PRactice
3.White Collar Blue
4.the Guardian
5.Gilmore Girls
6.Smallville
7.Ed
8.Dawsons Creek
9.Freaks and Geeks( has Busy Philips from Dawsons Creek)
10.Becker ( only comedy I try to watch)
11.7.30 Report
12.Lateline and 4-corners ( even though all these ABC shows are biased politically, anti-Howard, anti-Bush)
13.Sunday

muldersgun

HSC
Originally posted by oldie4Lorelai
Favorite shows.
1.Sopranos
OMG somebody else who watches this show. So few of us around.

Do you think Tony is kinda faling of the ropes a little? like whipping that senator dude?

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
How could you not like The Sopranos. It's mad! I only started watching it in the third season, and absolutely love it. Gandolfini is a champ. Also I hear that there is going to be a 6th season so that's cool.
I want to see more of Meadow, and is AJ ever going to grow up?
In regard to Tony loosing it, it comes with the territory, and its not as if the senator is going to press charges or something. It was quite funny actually. Nah Tony is still well in charge. it's interesting to see now though how easy it is for "honest, hard working individuals" to give in to temptation so easily with the whole HUD thing.

oldie4Lorelai

yeah, no Sopranos has lots of fans, lots of Italian-heritage Australians, which Im not , that i know love it. Funny that, coz in the US, the 'American -Italian anti-defamation league', has sued and taken the show to court, tried to take it off air, for its negative portrayal of Italians. Funny, in one recent ep, the one with the riot between the Native Americans and the Italians over christopher columbus, the 'American -Italian anti-defamation league ' actually got written into the script, the producers actually sort of gave them two fingers for the trouble theyve caused for the show. ( lots of free publicity though, i guess) In America, the show isnt free to air, as here, like 'Sex in the City' its part of HBO pay network shows, the language and sex we see here would not be allowed on free-to-air tv in America.Here they just put in on at 10.30 when the kiddies and schoolies like you guys are assumed to be in bed.

Yes, Mulder, that strapping thing took me by surprise, hed told that guy it was ok he was with his ex when he asked him, then he gets drunk, gets a bit depressed or something, and goes round and punishes him for doing one of his exes that hes still obviously got feelings for or something.

I dont understand Tony in one way, all the talent hes got down at the 'ba da bing', the strippers, he could have any of them, but he keeps fooling around with these dumb immature young Russian women who are only 50-50 even in looks most of the time. I think hes not got great taste, except i liked his Mercedes woman girlfiriend that hanged herself.If i had his wife, Id have affairs too, both his wife and daughter annoy me, mostly because they are hyporcrits, they dont like that hes a mobster, but they dont mind spending the dirty crime money, however.
I like Tony and chriss, I even identify with some of the problems they have with friends and family, and i guess the way they solve some of their problems sometimes.The show is unbelievably funny and quirky sometimes, even sometimes the beatings or clippings are done in a way that is funny, lol...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
haven't seen much of Helen for a while! :confused:
.. what makes u think something will happen between them (not that i doubt your theory).?
Not the recent episodes but a couple of episodes back. I don't know, just some silly intuition. I just feel that there are ambiguity between them.

muldersgun

HSC
i started watching sopranos from the beginning. Its still just as good now as it was then.

I liked AJ a lot more when he was a kid it was just such a contrast between him the the rest of the adult mafia world around him.

Oh! and i want to see furio (i think that's the name of tony's driver) and carmela get together. It would be a riot.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
In America, the show isnt free to air, as here, like 'Sex in the City' its part of HBO pay network shows, the language and sex we see here would not be allowed on free-to-air tv in America.
Yeh but preety much everyone there has pay TV, and normal free to air TV is nowhere near as good as our free to air TV.
both his wife and daughter annoy me
Carmella I can undestand but Meadow is damn hot!

oldie4Lorelai

Watched new 10 show 'the Badge', last night, and Id heard it was ok, had won wards, i wasnt disappointed, it rocked, the main guy, Michael chiklis, was in the show a short nuber of years ago,'the commish', he was a cop but a real boyscout goody two-shoes, well, he aint a goody two shoes in this, hes as bad as most of the people he busts.He even deliberately killed one of the other cops during a raid, that he knew was investigating him.

It was good, its set in LA, which I like, every cop show lately has been set in NY, was getting too muich of the same thing...

oldie4Lorelai

Yeah, the reason i dont like Meadow is tha same as Carmella, Marsenal, shes a bloody hypocrite, whinges about her father being in the mob, but doesnt mind what she gets out of the proceeds. Shes spoilt!

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Who cares if she's spoilt, she is the best looking on the show by far (including the strippers).

And regarding that Shield show, I didn't think it was very impressive. Just because it's set in LA, it's still exactly the same as other cop shows, except they are probably spending even more on make-up and the like. They try to compensate for that by having the camera like move and stuff by I don't buy it.

So yeah back to The Sopranos, we want Meadow, we want Meadow.... and a few whackings...

inasero

Reborn
HSC
why does CSI not rate any mention? It's the only thing on tellie I watch, beside the news of course//....

Can't wait for Miami to come out tho :p

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah go CSI! the best was criminal intent...

apparently all the stars r gonna get fired.. its gonna end soon... but it could be all gossip

best shows:
CSI criminal intent
charmed
footy show
friends
simpsons
and i loOoove fear factor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)