Your interpretation (1 Viewer)

The bibliophile

HSC
was curious, does anyone actually sympathise with lear that its his daughters that take advantage of him and not really his fault everything came tumbling down?

white ferret

HSC
The bibliophile said:
was curious, does anyone actually sympathise with lear that its his daughters that take advantage of him and not really his fault everything came tumbling down?
nah, i think it's lear's fault for instigating the love test, so dont sympathise there. but i do feel sympathy for him later as he descends into madness after the rejection from his daughters.

btw, ur first post kind of contradicts itself

H

hilaryv

i just did a lear practice essay..... i seriously hate this module!!! (oh well rant out of the way) I think that Lear kind of brings it on himself, so I don't want to feel sympathy for him, but of course in the end I do (because Shakespeare's just SOOOOOOOOOO clever now isn't he :rolleyes: ) and while we'd love to all get up on our feminist high horses, the guys old and they left his poor privleged self out in the mother of all storms which is just mean. but of course he has to be left out in the storm to get the ultimate reward right?.... (da da duhhhhh) clear sight, humility and, natuarlly, salvation........ right before everyone goes off and dies :confused: :sleep:

The bibliophile

HSC
white ferret how did i contradict myself? maybe i didn't make myself clear? im trying to say that i feel that lear just gave opportunities for those opposing him take advantage, not that it is only his fault he descended.

white ferret

HSC
ahhh. that makes much more sense now. actually, i think it prob said the same thing in the original post XD. my mind is just going crazyy with hsc in nearly TWO WEEKSS..

good luck guys!

call of peace

HSC
amm yeh i kind of agree with the rest, i mean it was his fault in the beginning what king would give out everything he has and not even leave a house for him to live in, i mean come on and this idea of going from one daughter to another just like one critic said is just so ridicoules but I guess you kind off feel sorry for him at the end when he goes mad, and his daughters betray him.
yeh thats what i think,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)