• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Your MW is..? (1 Viewer)

Cresty

So, I'm curious. What's everybody actually DOING? Like, not medium, but actual major work? There didn't seem to be just a general thread for exchanging ideas and such :p

I'm doing a short story: a fictionalized account of Jesus' adolescence, though it's definitely not going to be "religious" as such - I'm just really interested in the fact that there are no known records of teen!Jesus, and I love history. Hate the Christians: fascinated by their religion. People don't get me.

So, what's everyone else doing?

aud

HSC
A critical analysis - that a composer's purpose and target audience is reflected in their portrayal of Witches - using Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Charmed, and The Mists of Avalon - with a main focus on Charmed...

I finally got a structure last night~! Am so happy... :D

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Trust me ur you're not strange... I'm fascinated by religion too.

I'm doing a short story with newspaper clippings, email and text wiht like all tall tales and stuff. The wierd stuff that happens in society, I'm also investigaiting cluts and religion actually.. how I am going to tie it all in is another saga, but I'll figure it out one day!!

Cicciolina

HSC
Critical analysis on Revolutionary Poets: Wordsworth (Lyrical Ballads), TS Eliot (Wasteland) and Robert Lowell (Life Studies).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
w0w those ideas are sounding really good..keep it up peeps

Cresty

Originally posted by Katjif
Trust me ur you're not strange... I'm fascinated by religion too.

I'm doing a short story with newspaper clippings, email and text wiht like all tall tales and stuff. The wierd stuff that happens in society, I'm also investigaiting cluts and religion actually.. how I am going to tie it all in is another saga, but I'll figure it out one day!!

Wow, that sounds awesome. Religion in society can be pretty damn odd - maybe you could tie it together through articles and such dealing with the various cults and religions? Sounds like it's gonna be really interesting :-D

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i'm doing a short story lightly based on the game CLUEDO. its a crime/thriller.... i'm obsessed with my work..i've nearly forgotten all my other subjects!!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sickwithlove
i'm doing a short story lightly based on the game CLUEDO. its a crime/thriller.... i'm obsessed with my work..i've nearly forgotten all my other subjects!!!
and thus is the sickness known as EE2

Aussiechick

HSC
mine is a short story about a 15 year old girl who dreams of getting out of her town and becoming a famous performer. She's from a small town near Bathurst and her father and brother rape her and abuse her. Eventually she gets out and joins a singing workshop where she's discovered...

Theres a lot more to it but I'd be here all day explaining it lol

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Critical Responce - Feature article.

I'm looking at female sexuality within Shakspeareian works both in his period of time and modern day society. Looking at three broad areas, sexuality, sex and suduction

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
collection of stories about a bunch of miserable people

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
great concept miss savage! i like it...everyones is sounding good

im doing a documentary that basically talks about the economies of Third- World economies in comparison to the opportunties we have here in Australia. Going to interview a bunch of people - its developing nicely...im focusing mostly on the Philippines and Australia coz im from a Filipino background

LiKe A FiSh

HSC
N/A
mines on children who are raised as savages and their induction into society, told in a varierty of mediums and through a variety of perspectives

Serpentia

Originally posted by Cicciolina
Critical analysis on Revolutionary Poets: Wordsworth (Lyrical Ballads), TS Eliot (Wasteland) and Robert Lowell (Life Studies).
wow that sounds really interesting, I'd love to read that!

Originally posted by fuckfoot
collection of stories about a bunch of miserable people
ha ha you are hilarious. Of the few posts of yours that I have read, each one has made me laugh at your wonderful cynical-ness :D (I don't care if that isn't a word).

as for MYSELF I guess I will try to explain this but I barely understand what I am doing

I am looking to explore the concepts of light and darkness through a suite of poems, at this point thinking I will start with light and slowly fade into darkness. Through doing this I hope to prove that both light and darkness are equally important to not only the individual, but mankind and society as a whole. The only problem is that it is quite philosophical and I dont think I am smart enough to first understand my concept, and second to actually explain it.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Wow, nice ideas indeed!
As for me, Ive decided to dicth my old idea, and go for soemthing simplier. I dont want to get confused in my own work! Im already confused as it is.
Basically...here goes...TEEN ANGST! Whooooo and told in a real basic way too, i know it sounds risky and all, but i will work on it, and it definatly will not have a totally predictable plot and protagonist! No way!
Format is in chapters AND letters, and the protagonist will be quite...multi-dimensional. Not your average teen! hes more like a 25 year old.
Go go go(exclemation mark)

mayhemily

HSC
wooooooooooooowwwwwwww everything sounds sooo awesome!
basically my story centres around a group of travellers in a train carriage. It explores the inner worlds of the various characters and the collective view of the carriage they travel in. The main theme of the story is perspective, the idea that these people are sharing this journey in the train and yet they are all but invisible to each other and the personal worlds they each inhabit. The story aims to document the diversity of emotions and experiences every human being feels and the way in which, in turn, every human is blind to the plight of others.

Or something like that. Im not sure whether this'll be IT or i'll do a few stories...

Giant Lobster

HSC
lol damn... u ppl seem to know exactly what ur doing
English is more intuitive than logical for me, i just wrote my story in the hope of including alot of nihilism and similar philosophies in the protagonist's thinking. lol hopefully something good will come out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)